CHDK PTP interface - page 91 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK PTP interface

• 1241 Replies

Offline Taka

Re: CHDK PTP interface
« Reply #900 on: 07 / November / 2012, 08:04:39 »
Advertisements
Thank you  reyalp!

I have tried to do this but when I click on the button "Connect" in the interface, the message "error: no devices available" appears.

I think that I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what.  :(

Thanks again  :)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #901 on: 07 / November / 2012, 23:41:38 »
I have tried to do this but when I click on the button "Connect" in the interface, the message "error: no devices available" appears.
Perhaps you haven't successfully installed the libusb driver.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #902 on: 10 / November / 2012, 22:21:34 »
I need some advice. I'm trying to make DNG available as RAW format for ptp remote capture. Doing this requires the use of the DNG module. However, existing exported functions are not appropriate for this use, so I needed to create some new ones.
What would be the better solution?
- Extend the DNG module with the new functions.
- Create a new module using the source of the DNG module (with #ifdefs, etc.). The problem is that the DNG module is treated special by other code (modules.c for example), so doing this seems a bit hard.

Offline philmoz

• Photos
« Reply #903 on: 10 / November / 2012, 22:41:29 »
I need some advice. I'm trying to make DNG available as RAW format for ptp remote capture. Doing this requires the use of the DNG module. However, existing exported functions are not appropriate for this use, so I needed to create some new ones.
What would be the better solution?
- Extend the DNG module with the new functions.
- Create a new module using the source of the DNG module (with #ifdefs, etc.). The problem is that the DNG module is treated special by other code (modules.c for example), so doing this seems a bit hard.

If you mean you want to call functions in the DNG module from the core CHDK code then just add them to the end of the  'struct libdng_sym' structure.

Remember to update both the definition in dng.h and the instance in dng.c.

If you also update the version in the libdng variable in dng.c you can check the version in your code before calling any of the functions to make sure the new module version is loaded.

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #904 on: 10 / November / 2012, 22:46:57 »
If you mean you want to call functions in the DNG module from the core CHDK code then just add them to the end of the  'struct libdng_sym' structure.

Remember to update both the definition in dng.h and the instance in dng.c.

If you also update the version in the libdng variable in dng.c you can check the version in your code before calling any of the functions to make sure the new module version is loaded.
Thanks, I'll do it like this then.

Offline Taka

« Reply #905 on: 13 / November / 2012, 08:31:16 »
Hi! I'm here again  :) rsrs

I followed the installation steps, but when I run the chdkptp executable and  I click any button, the message "unexpected return code 0x2005" appears. Is there any incompatibility with my camera model (SX 130 IS)?

Thanks

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #906 on: 13 / November / 2012, 08:47:50 »
I followed the installation steps, but when I run the chdkptp executable and  I click any button, the message "unexpected return code 0x2005" appears. Is there any incompatibility with my camera model (SX 130 IS)?
You can get error 0x2005 when you try to connect to a camera on which CHDK is not loaded. Download a fresh CHDK release from the autobuild server, and install it on the camera. Use the "Bootable SD card method".

Offline Taka

« Reply #907 on: 13 / November / 2012, 11:44:24 »
Thank you srsa_4c!

But there's a problem: for use the Bootable SD Card Method I need to set the card's lock switch to the "LOCK" position. But when I make it, the message "error: no devices available" appears in the interface. Before I try to use CHDK PTP interface, I tried to use ptpCamGui, but I had this same problem  :(

Thanks again :)

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #908 on: 13 / November / 2012, 19:10:25 »
But there's a problem: for use the Bootable SD Card Method I need to set the card's lock switch to the "LOCK" position.
Let's start again.
- You have installed CHDK and set it to autoboot with the lock switch on the card.
- If you start the camera in play mode, do you see the CHDK splash screen showing up for a few moments? Can you enter ALT mode (I think you need to use the "face" button for that)? If you see either the splash screen and/or you are able to enter ALT mode (watch the bottom of the screen), then CHDK is running.
- If you are sure CHDK is running, you can expect chdkptp to be able to connect to the camera.
- Start the cam in play mode if you want to connect.

If anybody else has an idea what could be wrong, don't be afraid to post ;)

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #909 on: 13 / November / 2012, 22:11:44 »
My later plan includes using the dng module to get the CHDK exif (optionally).
I have implemented dng as raw format in changeset 2270. It completely relies on CHDK settings, i.e. DNG has to be activated in CHDK. If DNG support is switched off, only the usual RAW buffer will be transferred. I did it like this because scripts can alter CHDK settings when needed.
Some of you may not like the way I changed dng.h and dng.c (I mean the added #ifdefs), if I should change it, just ask :)

edit:
I don't think #ifdef code in a module is a good idea. As far as possible the modules should be platform and version independent.
Done in changeset 2271.
« Last Edit: 14 / November / 2012, 12:50:52 by srsa_4c »