chdkptp - alternative ptp client - page 43 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

chdkptp - alternative ptp client

• 1106 Replies

Offline poussin

• A2200
Re: alternative ptp client
« Reply #420 on: 04 / October / 2013, 05:59:17 »
Advertisements
Further to the problem of the error message "error loading module 'propcase' from file 'A/CHDK/LUALIB/propcase.lua' ":
the following log shows that it appears only when clicking the REC/PLAY button on the interface but not when typing the commands
Related or not ,
when I "connect" by typing
 in the Live window , the viewfinder is blank  ( no stream )
but
when I "connect" by clicking
in the Live window , the view finder appears (stream )

Not sure about the differences in code or timing between "typing" and "clicking"

As I intend to use it by "typing" commands , what should I type to display the viewfinder ?

logs from the console comments in red
cold start with no battery and no card inserted
insert card insert battery
power on camera
> connect
connected: Canon PowerShot A2200, max packet size 512> rec
> rs -dng
wait time 2.9640
> rs -dng
wait time 2.9640
> rs -dng
wait time 2.9796
> rs -dng
wait time 2.9796
> rs -dng
wait time 3.0108
> rs -dng
wait time 2.9640
clicking PLAY
ERROR: error loading module 'propcase' from file 'A/CHDK/LUALIB/propcase.lua':
   cannot fopen A/CHDK/LUALIB/propcase.lua
clicking REC
> rs -dng
wait time 2.9952 > rec
ERROR: already in rec
> play
> rec

« Last Edit: 04 / October / 2013, 16:03:29 by poussin »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #421 on: 04 / October / 2013, 16:28:50 »
Not sure about the differences in code or timing between "typing" and "clicking"
Unfortunately, the gui code isn't aware of changes made from the CLI. This is something I need to fix
As I intend to use it by "typing" commands , what should I type to display the viewfinder ?
you can use
!update_connection_status()
after connecting

As I explained before, this error is almost certainly due to running out of memory. I understand nafraf was going to work with you to get this port using exmem? If this still happens with his build,  please report how much memory is available when this happens.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #422 on: 06 / October / 2013, 18:36:34 »
In chdkptp r453, PTP/IP support should be mostly working. You must define PTPIP_SUPPORT=1 in config.mk to enable it. I haven't tested this on linux at all yet, since I don't know how to do the right UPnP voodoo to get a connection set up.

File upload/download, script, and live view all seem to work. The camera side caveats in http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=10724.msg105734#msg105734 still apply, so it's still not terribly useful yet.  For example, live view will only let you see the network connection screen ;) Performance on my 802.11g network is not as good as usb (unsurprisingly), live view only gets about 3 fps.

This involved some major re-writing that affected both USB and IP, so it's possible that USB has been broken. I'd appreciate any bug reports.

I will try to put up a new snapshot build soon.

edit:
« Last Edit: 06 / October / 2013, 19:26:32 by reyalp »

Offline poussin

• A2200
« Reply #423 on: 08 / October / 2013, 08:01:31 »

you can use
!update_connection_status()
after connecting

not sure where is the problem as I was testing a new version of chdk

> connect
connected: Canon PowerShot A2200, max packet size 512> !update_connection_status()
ERROR: call failed:[string "update_connection_status()"]:1: attempt to call global 'update_connection_status' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
   [string "update_connection_status()"]:1: in main chunk
   [C]: in function 'xpcall'
   ...uments\doc tech\CANON\chdkptp-r438-win32\lua\cli.lua:456: in function <...uments\doc tech\CANON\chdkptp-r438-win32\lua\cli.lua:453>
   (tail call): ?
   [C]: in function 'xpcall'
   ...uments\doc tech\CANON\chdkptp-r438-win32\lua\cli.lua:239: in function 'execute'
   ...uments\doc tech\CANON\chdkptp-r438-win32\lua\gui.lua:608: in function <...uments\doc tech\CANON\chdkptp-r438-win32\lua\gui.lua:605>
   [C]: in function 'MainLoop'
   ...uments\doc tech\CANON\chdkptp-r438-win32\lua\gui.lua:630: in function <...uments\doc tech\CANON\chdkptp-r438-win32\lua\gui.lua:616>
   ...ments\doc tech\CANON\chdkptp-r438-win32\lua\main.lua:231: in main chunk
   [C]: in function 'require'
   [string "require('main')"]:1: in main chunk

Offline reyalp

« Reply #424 on: 08 / October / 2013, 16:00:11 »

not sure where is the problem as I was testing a new version of chdk
Ooops, my fault. The correct call would be
!gui.update_connection_status()

I changed the code (in svn r456) so this isn't needed, so in the next release the gui will automatically update when you use cli connect.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #425 on: 08 / October / 2013, 16:07:04 »
@reyalp, it seems that gui_user.lua has problems with directory names containing spaces, this patch add quotes to destination dir. It was tested by poussin.

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #426 on: 09 / October / 2013, 05:07:55 »
this patch add quotes to destination dir. It was tested by poussin.
Thanks for that. The patch was added in changeset 457.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

Offline reyalp

« Reply #427 on: 20 / October / 2013, 02:29:13 »
I added a command called dnglistpixels to generate various kinds of badpixel lists.

It can be used to generate chdk badpixel / badpixel.txt  (not badpixel.bin) and files for rawtherapee and dcraw.

To generate a badpixel.txt file of hot pixels for CHDK, you would do something like
Shoot a DNG dark frame
dngload <file>
dnglistpixels -min=2048 -out=badpixel.txt

where min is the minimum value you want to consider "hot"

For rawtherepee, you would use something like
dnglistpixels -min=2048  -fmt=dcraw -coords=rel -out="Canon PowerShot D10.badpixels"
with your camera model and put the file in your rawtherapee dark frame directory.

For dcraw, use
dnglistpixels -min=2048  -fmt=dcraw -coords=rel -out="badpixels"

For raw therapee and dcraw, you could also use this to patch dng 1.3 badpixels. For this use -max=0 (or some other < blacklevel value) instead of min. To combine both hot and dead pixels, you could make two files and concatenate them.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #428 on: 20 / October / 2013, 18:47:47 »
I uploaded snapshot build r461 to the files area https://www.assembla.com/spaces/chdkptp/documents

These binaries have PTP/IP enabled in case anyone wants to play with it. Note that this is completely untested on linux, and probably not useful without additional camera side reverse engineering.

Since the connection code was heavily re-worked to support PTP/IP, it's possible that I've broken something that affects regular USB connections.

« Reply #429 on: 22 / October / 2013, 03:25:40 »

Since the connection code was heavily re-worked to support PTP/IP, it's possible that I've broken something that affects regular USB connections.

Hi All,

Test results for build r461.

Seems to work "Better" than previous version in "REC":-
see attached ...... Ixus 125 125-101a_Rec_+_125-100d_Rec

Also see this post for more "Syntax Error" details:-
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=8085.msg106401#msg106401
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8085.0;attach=9164

In "Play" there is a problem with 1 to 1 Aspect ratio, may be due to Ixus 115/125 cameras :-
see attached Ixus 125 ....... 125-101a_Play_&_Aspect 1-1

Edit #1; see here http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=8085.msg106723#msg106723

Note that I have also up-graded to Win-Blue_RTM which also Seems to work "Better" than previous, preview, version.

H-H
« Last Edit: 31 / October / 2013, 04:13:10 by Hardware_Hacker »