chdkptp - alternative ptp client - page 96 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

chdkptp - alternative ptp client

• 1106 Replies

Offline mphx

Re: alternative ptp client
« Reply #950 on: 08 / January / 2017, 19:03:05 »
Advertisements
@reyalp

Ok , maybe my understanding was wrong.Their fix ends up to the GUI you see in the screenshot.
Your fix , disappears the second one (the one that is under the rec/play buttons) at all.

I am used to windows version gui , where dropdown boxes are clickable even without anything connected.
So maybe its what you said , difference in gui platform behavior.
So , bottom line , "their fix" seems to be correct.

PS : If you want me , to zip the compiled cd/im/iup/lua packages so you can compile a new chdkptp and release a "fixed" version just let me know.Or even the compiled chdkptp itself , although i am a bit messy with the included libs/includes :)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #951 on: 08 / January / 2017, 19:11:19 »
Ok , maybe my understanding was wrong.Their fix ends up to the GUI you see in the screenshot.
With the fix, if you connect to a camera and switch to REC using the GUI, can you use the dropdown to change shooting mode?

PS : If you want me , to zip the compiled cd/im/iup/lua packages so you can compile a new chdkptp and release a "fixed" version just let me know.Or even the compiled chdkptp itself , although i am a bit messy with the included libs/includes
Thanks, but I think I'll wait for the next version of IUP to be released.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline mphx

« Reply #952 on: 08 / January / 2017, 20:23:46 »
@reyalp
No idea :) I have minimum experience operating cameras+chdkptp on linux. So bare with me :)

Linux distro is on VM.I connected camera and got automounted.That fcked up things for chdkptp.So i had to configure ubuntu not to automount stuff.
Did that , camera was detected , not mounted.
In every case , chdkptp was connecting to the camera.But nothing worked.I could shutdown/reboot camera but thats all.None of the buttons on gui worked.
Camera was in a do-nothing-state even if i was disconnecting the usb cable.I had to remove battery and restart it in order to operate it.
Nothing to do with chdkptp.I checked with the precompiled chdkptp (with your fix) and it was same case.
Then i thought to check if camera is working ok in windows chdkptp.Since windows were upgraded lately something was screwed up with libusb and canon related stuff.
Reinstalled them , chdkptp and camera were working just fun.Tried to "pass" camera to VM but never got through ever again."Driver error" on the vm log.
So it has to do something about the connection of the camera in linux or vm or both.No clue what exactly.As i said 99% of the time i work with windows chdkptp.

Bottom line i cant check what you asked.

But i zipped chdkptp and the link is https://www.dropbox.com/s/03nxr38aiogxivl/chdkptp.tar.gz?dl=0
It should worked in any linux installation , all the libs are included (some libs must be present in distro though i suppose like e.g. readline6).Someone could take it and try it on some physical installation and tell us his comments.
Its the compiled chdkptp with the fix.
« Last Edit: 08 / January / 2017, 20:25:50 by mphx »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #953 on: 08 / January / 2017, 20:34:28 »
@reyalp
No idea :) I have minimum experience operating cameras+chdkptp on linux. So bare with me :)
That's fine, I'll just wait for the next release of IUP. Thanks for reporting the issue and testing as far as you have.

I have had USB stop working in virtualbox under windows. I think the rebooting the guest fixed it in my case, but I don't remember exactly.

Offline reyalp

Re: chdkptp - alternative ptp client
« Reply #954 on: 06 / March / 2017, 01:07:08 »
I have uploaded snapshot r735 to files area https://app.assembla.com/spaces/chdkptp/documents

The main change is that all binaries are now built with IUP 3.21, which resolves the crash issue on newer linux distributions that mphx reported. I verified that the new build works on Ubuntu 16.10.

The only other significant changes is I fixed a bug which would cause the "shoot" cli command to occasionally fail on some cameras when -rm or -dl was used.
« Last Edit: 27 / November / 2017, 03:00:07 by reyalp »

« Reply #955 on: 13 / March / 2017, 15:07:03 »
Hi, I have a question, could someone provide an example how to use lvdumpimg or how to decode lvdump data?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #956 on: 13 / March / 2017, 17:38:18 »
Hi, I have a question, could someone provide an example how to use lvdumpimg or how to decode lvdump data?
You might get a better answer if you told us a little more about what you are trying to do.

lvdumpimg is use to grab frames from the camera and save them to netpbm format files.

To get a screenshot of the current live viewport image, you could use:

lvdumpimg -vp

Or to get both the viewport and UI, you could use

lvdumpimg -vp -bm

The files are in netpbm pnm and pam formats, respectively.

All the images are saved in the native buffer sizes, so you might need to scale them with netpbm tools, imagemagic etc to get correct aspect ratios.

You can capture a stream of images using the -count option, specifying the frame rate with -wait or -fps

The posts around https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6231.msg114468#msg114468 have some examples of the piping options.

The lvdump format is essentially a dump of the raw PTP live view protocol, plus a very simple header. The code that writes it is in chdku.lua, see con_methods:live_dump_start and surrounding code.

lvdumpimg doesn't currently support taking an lvdump file as input instead of the camera, but this is something I would like to add.

« Reply #957 on: 13 / March / 2017, 18:11:59 »
I think lvdumpimg will be enough for me, but I will see if that will work.  I don't need high speed, even 1fps will be enough for me so I will just dump a lvdumpimg every time I need.

« Reply #958 on: 13 / April / 2017, 07:07:19 »
There isn't any build on the assembla site! Could someone upload the latest windows build?

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #959 on: 13 / April / 2017, 09:52:01 »
There isn't any build on the assembla site! Could someone upload the latest windows build?

=> https://app.assembla.com/spaces/chdkptp/documents
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links