ptpcam gui - page 9 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

ptpcam gui

• 95 Replies

Offline JvdP

Re: ptpcam gui
« Reply #80 on: 29 / August / 2013, 19:07:07 »
Advertisements
I have ptpcam gui working with my IXUS240HS.

You might find that the scripting capability of chdkptp is more useful for your project?
Probably right, I was just hoping I could do it with the GUI since I have no experience with writing batch scripts.

I will see tomorrow if I'm smart enough to write a script that does what I want using ptpcam.

« Reply #81 on: 29 / August / 2013, 19:15:54 »
Probably right, I was just hoping I could do it with the GUI since I have no experience with writing batch scripts.
I will see tomorrow if I'm smart enough to write a script that does what I want using ptpcam.
chdkptp has a gui mode as well - you can do everything you describe from there or via command line commands.  No script needed.

Why do you need to stop the intervalometer script though?  Can't you just transfer the pictures from the SD card while the script is running?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

« Reply #82 on: 29 / August / 2013, 21:09:01 »
Downloading the images works fine. But how I would use ptpcam gui to activate my Ultimate.lua?
See here http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Lua/PTP_Scripting#General_information_about_executing_Lua_code_over_PTP

I'm not sure how ptpcamgui handles long running scripts on the camera.

While a script like ultimate.lua is running on the camera, most PTP controls won't work, because they also need to execute script and only one script can run at a time. You can download files while a script is running, although in chdkptp you have to use the -nolua option.

PTPCamGui has a built in timelapse feature http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/PtpCamGui#Timelapse so maybe you don't need to run a different intervalometer script
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #83 on: 29 / August / 2013, 21:10:34 »
Why do you need to stop the intervalometer script though?  Can't you just transfer the pictures from the SD card while the script is running?
This would risk running into the FsIoNotify error, so it's probably better not to try to download while shooting. If you want to do that, you should use remote capture instead.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #84 on: 29 / August / 2013, 21:15:19 »
PTPCamGui has a built in timelapse feature http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/PtpCamGui#Timelapse so maybe you don't need to run a different intervalometer script
This conversation is now spread across several threads,  but I got the impression the OP wanted to leave cameras running an intervalometer script and just show up occasionally to download the images and clear the SD card.

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #85 on: 30 / August / 2013, 04:22:54 »
Downloading the images works fine. But how I would use ptpcam gui to activate my Ultimate.lua?
That's easy. :)

Use the Lua console from ptpCamGui. (Shortcut is F6.) Copy your script into the console and press [execute]. After running your script you can download all new pictures with one click.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

Offline JvdP

« Reply #86 on: 31 / August / 2013, 16:57:24 »
chdkptp has a gui mode as well - you can do everything you describe from there or via command line commands.  No script needed.

I like chdkptp a lot too, especially the live view function is great to see how the script is running on the camera.

Well, I can't transfer them while the script is running because when I connect the camera through USB, it goes automatically into PLAY mode.

This conversation is now spread across several threads,  but I got the impression the OP wanted to leave cameras running an intervalometer script and just show up occasionally to download the images and clear the SD card.
waterwingz is right. I don't have a PC available which I can leave with the camera. It has to be stand alone.

I'm sorry for spreading the quest for my solution around different threads. But my situations actually involves different elements so it's not a bad thing I discuss the relevant topics in the correct threads.

« Reply #87 on: 31 / August / 2013, 17:05:04 »
Well, I can't transfer them while the script is running because when I connect the camera through USB, it goes automatically into PLAY mode.
If you don't find a better solution, it should be possible to have the script detect that the camera has switched to playback mode and do something useful like sleep for a while and then switch itself back into shooting mode.

I'm sorry for spreading the quest for my solution around different threads. But my situations actually involves different elements so it's not a bad thing I discuss the relevant topics in the correct threads.
No problem.  You'll start to notice that there are only four or five people who can/do respond with help.

Offline JvdP

« Reply #88 on: 31 / August / 2013, 17:12:16 »
If you don't find a better solution, it should be possible to have the script detect that the camera has switched to playback mode and do something useful like sleep for a while and then switch itself back into shooting mode.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I have had a look at your script but I just have too little knowledge on how to change it the way I need to.

No problem.  You'll start to notice that there are only four or five people who can/do respond with help.
Haha! I have noticed indeed. I must say, it feels quite cosy to have a small group like this working on something as cool as CHDK. Let me know if I can do anything in return to you guys. I've tried to help nafraf out with his ports, but other than that I'm not sure how a programmer n00b like me could contribute.

Offline JvdP

« Reply #89 on: 31 / August / 2013, 17:19:10 »
EUREKA! I discovered something very interesting.

So, I was fooling around with ptpCamGui and chdkptp at the same time. Going back and forth between the two programs and then I suddenly noticed something. I had started the ultimate.lua script with chdkptp, closed it and then opened ptpCamGui and suddenly I noticed that the script had stopped?!

Then I tried again only this time I disconnected then reconnected the USB cable to see if it would also stop the script in PLAYback mode. It did!

I have no idea how and why this happens but it does. Does anybody have a clue? There is something in the ptpCamGui startup or connecting sequence which makes the script stop...

Here is the log from ptpcamgui starting:
Code: [Select]
** init() start ...
>> version << ptpcam: 2.0
camera: 2.5 (Length: 24)
>> script-support << script-support:0x1 lua=yes (Length: 26)
>> luar not(os.stat("A/CHDK/LUALIB/lptpgui.lua")==nil) << script:1
1:ret:true (Length: 20)
>> luar require("lptpgui").version << script:2
2:ret:136 (88) (Length: 24)
>> luar get_buildinfo() << script:3
3:ret:'platform ixus240_elph320hs
build_date Aug 27 2013
build_number 1.3.0
build_time 20:02:16
version CHDK
platsub 102a
build_revision 3042
platformid 12864
os dryos
' (Length: 188)
>> luar get_config_value(67) << script:4
4:ret:1 (1) (Length: 21)
>> luar get_raw() << script:5
5:ret:0 (0) (Length: 21)
>> luar get_video_button() << script:6
6:ret:0 (0) (Length: 21)
* enable keys for GUI control: >> lua post_levent_to_ui(4484) << script:7 (Length: 8)
>> script-status << script-status:0x0 run=no msg=no (Length: 31)
** init() successful
« Last Edit: 31 / August / 2013, 17:26:31 by JvdP »