MDFB2013 - updating the fastest CHDK motion detection script - page 3 - LUA Scripting - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

MDFB2013 - updating the fastest CHDK motion detection script

• 121 Replies
Re: MDFB2013 - updating the fastest CHDK motion detection script
« Reply #20 on: 09 / March / 2014, 00:16:52 »
Advertisements
I'm suddenly having trouble getting the flash to work with my S110 and this script. 
Occam's razor strikes again. (or Mr Murphy)

It seems that this line from the script ( line 292 ) might make a difference :

Code: [Select]
    set_prop(props.FLASH_MODE, 2)     -- flash offIf you delete / comment it out,  things should revert to normal.

When I get a minute,  I'll rewrite the code to restore on exit the various propcases it walks all over.
« Last Edit: 09 / March / 2014, 00:18:27 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #21 on: 09 / March / 2014, 00:35:20 »
Thanks, Mr. Wingz.  In the meantime I'll try deleting that line.  Do I just open the script in an editor, find it, delete it and put it back in?

« Reply #22 on: 09 / March / 2014, 00:38:24 »
Thanks, Mr. Wingz.  In the meantime I'll try deleting that line.  Do I just open the script in an editor, find it, delete it and put it back in?
Yup.  Use a simple editor like the Windows Notepad.   Something that does not add formatting and other weird junk.

Otherwise, I've attached a version of the script with the change already made.

« Reply #23 on: 09 / March / 2014, 00:58:43 »
Thanks.  I'll fire it up tomorrow as I've had enough for tonight and need me some MST3K.

« Reply #24 on: 09 / March / 2014, 19:47:44 »
Ok, here is what I found with your -1 version.

1.  It seems to have fixed the flash not-working issue, as in, my S110 now works with flash again and your MDFB2013-1.

2.  When I loaded the -1 version it had the Splash Screen on and that screwed up things.  It kept firing away after saving the pic.  Also, I couldn't see the screen grid either when the MDFB Splash Screen was on.  As soon as I turned it off, all worked as normal, including the grid and the flash.

3.  One other issue I still have, in comparison to how the original works on my S100, is that I can power the camera down when [alt] is showing at the bottom with my S100.  I can't power down with this new setup and my S110 unless [alt] is not showing.  Perhaps this is a CHDK issue and my S110?  It's not a deal breaker of course as it's just making sure I'm not in [alt] and then the power button works.  Just FYI.

« Reply #25 on: 13 / March / 2014, 18:27:09 »
Another question for you.  I don't think this is a MDFB2013 issue as it happens with both my S100 and my S110, with the S100 running the older MDFB and the S110 running your new MDFB2013-1.  Anyway, with no [alt] showing, i.e. no script running, if I pull on the lever to zoom in, the screen goes dark on both the S110 and the S100.  CHDK is running of course as I used the locked card method to load it from power up.  Any ideas on this one?  The lens stays out but the screen goes dark and I can't really do anything except hold the playback button down and that gets me to viewing a picture but upon half-pressing the shutter to get ready to shoot, the screen stays black.  If I power down completely and start up again I can get it back to normal function but it I touch the zoom lever again it goes dark.  It doesn't do this 100% of the time but often enough to be an issue.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: 13 / March / 2014, 18:31:37 by drillthrall »

« Reply #26 on: 13 / March / 2014, 18:46:32 »
Any ideas on this one?
The first and most obvious questions is does this happen if you "unlock" the SD card and boot normally?

Second question is what happens if you go to the CHDK Settings menu and select the Reset Options to Default menu item?

« Reply #27 on: 13 / March / 2014, 19:56:02 »
OK, I unlocked the card and it works in all fashions just fine.  I locked it and put it back in and it worked locked as well.  I engaged the script and the zoom doesn't work but that's normal, right?  No zoom when running the script?  Anyway, when I turned the script off the zoom works again as it should.  It's probably happen again, the problem, and I 'll try to remember what I did to make it happen.  Am I right that the zoom lever shouldn't work when running the MDFB script?

« Reply #28 on: 13 / March / 2014, 20:34:15 »
Am I right that the zoom lever shouldn't work when running the MDFB script?
Correct.  When a script is active, all the camera keys are captured by the script so that it can decide what to do with them.   Some scripts (CHDKplus) test for the zoom lever to be pressed and move the zoom in response.  Others ignore the zoom lever and nothing happens when you push it.

« Reply #29 on: 25 / March / 2014, 18:15:08 »
I have more info on that zoom lever issue that I mentioned above and maybe you can give me a suggestion.  It only happens on my DIY power-supplies that I built, where I use one of those 12v/5v bricks and then a step-down dealy that takes it from 5v to 3.7v.  When I use any one of those, I built 3, that's when I get the zoom lever issue.  That's the only know issue that I have with my DIY power-supplies.  Could it be that it doesn't like the voltage or something like that?  Thanks.