Wireless investigations - page 6 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Wireless investigations

• 72 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: Wireless investigations
« Reply #50 on: 27 / December / 2013, 22:06:00 »
Advertisements
Attached shows two Ixus 240 when inter-connected by Wi-fi
I don't understand. This is feature of the factory firmware, there is no reason it should not work.

The subject of this thread is how to control the wireless from CHDK, and how to control the camera using  the CHDK PTP extension over PTP/IP.

This
edit 1: The camera also seems to drop connection after some fairly short period of time.
refers to using the camera menu to connect to a PC, and then connecting to the camera using chdkptp instead of the normal windows software.

Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #51 on: 27 / December / 2013, 22:14:24 »
I don't understand. This is feature of the factory firmware, there is no reason it should not work.

The subject of this thread is how to control the wireless from CHDK, and how to control the camera using  the CHDK PTP extension over PTP/IP.

Currently scripts don't/won't run from CHDK PTP so this was ONLY an Demo/Attempt to See/Observe the Inter-connected Ixus 240 Wi-Fi cameras behave with CHDK also running on one of them.

The basic idea was to use/test/demo the ("feature of the factory firmware")  Canon's "Consumer" firmware feature's and the use of the CHDK Wi-Fi camera as a spy. But in this case no scripts can be run.

H_H
« Last Edit: 27 / December / 2013, 22:38:48 by Hardware_Hacker »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #52 on: 27 / December / 2013, 22:38:28 »
Compile Errors-3268 when appling patch.

./lib/core/libcore.a(ptp.o): In function `handle_ptp':
ptp.c:(.text+0x7f8): undefined reference to `get_tywbuf_data'
ptp.c:(.text+0x836): undefined reference to `put_tyread_char'

Did you define #define CAM_CONSOLE_LOG_ENABLED         1
in your cameras platform_camera.h?

« Reply #53 on: 27 / December / 2013, 23:19:13 »
Re:- Did you define #define CAM_CONSOLE_LOG_ENABLED         1
in your cameras platform_camera.h?

Re-Compiled & Error Logs Attached

H_H
« Last Edit: 28 / December / 2013, 00:39:32 by reyalp »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #54 on: 28 / December / 2013, 00:29:28 »
You can just post the relevant error in text in your post, no need for attachments. Anyway, it looks like it's the same error as before.

It tells you which functions are not defined, you need to figure out why they aren't defined.

Not having the #define CAM_CONSOLE_LOG_ENABLED 1 in the platform_camera.h for the camera you are trying to build will cause this error, but if you didn't successfully patched your source, it could give you the same error. The functions mentioned in the error should appear in platform/generic/wrappers.c

Offline reyalp

« Reply #55 on: 28 / December / 2013, 00:39:51 »
Your attached html has a hidden iframe at the bottom which is detected as an attack site. I removed the attachment.

edit:
My turn to post a screenshot
« Last Edit: 28 / December / 2013, 01:49:54 by reyalp »

Offline srsa_4c

Re: chdkptp - alternative ptp client
« Reply #56 on: 24 / March / 2021, 17:43:32 »
Nice find(s)! I briefly tried PTP/IP (never attempted it before). I was able to connect to my M10, PTP_OC_GetObjectHandles and the 4482 levent worked as described. Also transferred a file, first time without USB. For some reason, I can't connect to my sx280 (it also gets IP from my router via DHCP, but the connection command just locks the chdkptp ui until it eventually times out).

Offline reyalp

« Reply #57 on: 24 / March / 2021, 21:53:50 »
8 year bump :haha
from https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6231.msg145391#msg145391
But wait, there's more!
On wifi enabled cameras (elph130, sx710, g7x at least) it turns out that sending PTP_OC_GetObjectHandles over PTP/IP allows getting past the "connecting" screen, and avoids having the connection time out the way it does if you just sit in the connection screen. The screen goes black like normal, but =post_levent_to_ui(4482) turns it back on, like it does for USB.

On elph130, this makes it possible to switch to rec over wifi, and even use live view. However, attempting to shoot crashes immediately with:
Code: [Select]

ASSERT!! ExMemMan.c Line 1158

in CtrlSrv  :(

The d6 cameras fail to switch to rec: The lens extends, but the display stays on playback, and attempting to shoot brings up a dialog about disconnecting wifi.

edit:
I got g7x to remoteshoot over wifi, by poking 0x8aa8 to 0 (based on code in fc0e03ae).  :o

One oddity: when this is used for rec mode, the camera menu + shoot sounds are enabled and the mute option in the canon menu is disabled.  I normally have them muted. It goes back to normal on reboot.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #58 on: 24 / March / 2021, 22:08:16 »
Nice find(s)! I briefly tried PTP/IP (never attempted it before). I was able to connect to my M10, PTP_OC_GetObjectHandles and the 4482 levent worked as described. Also transferred a file, first time without USB. For some reason, I can't connect to my sx280 (it also gets IP from my router via DHCP, but the connection command just locks the chdkptp ui until it eventually times out).
If the PC was registered with your sx280 a long time ago, you might try deleting and re-adding it. There's something that keeps the camera from accept connections from other hosts, even though the connection from chdkptp doesn't contain any unique IDs (there's a "guid" field, but it appears to be ignored by the Canon firmware and is currently hard coded in chdkptp)

Wireshark might give an idea what stage fails.

Bugs in the chdkptp PTP/IP wouldn't be surprising, it's very hacky since I never got to a really usable connection before.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #59 on: 25 / March / 2021, 19:39:30 »
If the PC was registered with your sx280 a long time ago, you might try deleting and re-adding it.
No PCs were ever registered (never used the Canon PC software). I'm just using the "add a device ..." menu entry without completing that process.

Wireshark might give an idea what stage fails.
The camera answers the init attempt with an "init fail" answer, or at least that's what wireshark seems to be suggesting.