the sx10 porting thread - page 61 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

the sx10 porting thread

• 613 Replies
Re: the sx10 porting thread
« Reply #600 on: 18 / July / 2010, 00:25:55 »
Advertisements

Offline reyalp

« Reply #601 on: 18 / July / 2010, 00:44:27 »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline vtysh

« Reply #602 on: 06 / February / 2011, 07:43:01 »
I have an issue. I am using chdk for firmware version 1.00c.

Sometimes when i turn on the camera directly to the shooting mode the lens become move forward as usual and i see "canon" typed on display. The canon screen may be shown for around 15-20 seconds and then camera turns off itself without moving lens back. Or it may hang so i need to move out batteries and put again.

But if i turn on the camera in picture viewing mode first and then switch to shooting mode i didn't notice this issue.

I suppose that it may be e18 error issue also and there are not enough power to turn on camera in shooting mode.

Can anybody clear my doubts? Is it camera issue or chdk issue?

Upd:
Just got the same behaviour in viewing mode. I turned on the camera in viewing mode and it hangs on canon screen. Then screen switched off automatically and camera doesn't react on any button until i remove batteries and put again. So e18 error shouldn't be the reason in this case. Can anybody help?
« Last Edit: 06 / February / 2011, 08:00:25 by vtysh »

« Reply #603 on: 06 / February / 2011, 15:00:14 »
I have an issue. I am using chdk for firmware version 1.00c.

Sometimes when i turn on the camera directly to the shooting mode the lens become move forward as usual and i see "canon" typed on display. The canon screen may be shown for around 15-20 seconds and then camera turns off itself without moving lens back. Or it may hang so i need to move out batteries and put again.

But if i turn on the camera in picture viewing mode first and then switch to shooting mode i didn't notice this issue.

I suppose that it may be e18 error issue also and there are not enough power to turn on camera in shooting mode.

Can anybody clear my doubts? Is it camera issue or chdk issue?

Upd:
Just got the same behaviour in viewing mode. I turned on the camera in viewing mode and it hangs on canon screen. Then screen switched off automatically and camera doesn't react on any button until i remove batteries and put again. So e18 error shouldn't be the reason in this case. Can anybody help?

Some of us are having this exact same issue with the sx20
(though i have never had to take the batterys out, seems to start properly with a second press of the button)

see the posts
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=4348.1095
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5977.0

and someone with an s90 with the same type of issue!
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6045.0
sx20is 1.02d

Offline vtysh

« Reply #604 on: 07 / February / 2011, 03:25:07 »
Thanks a lot for the reply.
So do i need to put delay on chdk start and recompile it by hand?

Offline vtysh

« Reply #605 on: 08 / February / 2011, 08:06:27 »
I've performed low level format of flash card via camera settings and installed chdk again. Seems that it become more stable now but need to watch more.

Offline vtysh

« Reply #606 on: 19 / February / 2011, 06:34:49 »
Low level format didn't help. But in sx20 thread i found a patch which seems to help
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=4348.msg60115#msg60115
I have add a sleep(1000) in file core/main.c and use the trunk 1050(1050 crash before too).I think it help, but maybe its too early to say for me.but if you get more often crash, maybe this help you better ?

also a smaller value is possible

void core_spytask() {
    int cnt = 1;
    int i=0;

raw_need_postprocess = 0;

spytask_can_start=0;

#ifdef OPT_EXMEM_MALLOC
   exmem_malloc_init();
#endif

#ifdef CAM_CHDK_PTP
    init_chdk_ptp_task();
#endif

while((i++<400) && !spytask_can_start) msleep(10);
+    msleep(1000);
    started();
    msleep(50);
    finished();
    drv_self_unhide();

Offline I2k4

« Reply #607 on: 20 / March / 2011, 15:43:26 »
I've been using CHDK on S5IS for about three years, and then bought and installed on SX10IS.  I'm of course very appreciative of the ongoing development. 

One thing that S5 has, which was never implemented on the SX10, is to use the Zoom Rocker for Manual Focus.  I suppose someone thought that in theory the problems with the old S5 omni-lever were solved with the control wheel on the SX10, but the wheel is so dodgy and jerky that every time I update CHDK for SX10 I hope and pray it will be included:  the old S5 is much much easier to manually focus, using the CHDK-enabled zoom rocker.  (I keep the S5 around mainly to overcome the SX10's slow lens on overcast days, but the CHDK zoom rocker MF advantage is also a factor.)

Hopefully others agree with me and the word will get through to developers, that control wheel MF on the SX10 leaves much to be desired, and possibly some users were unaware there is such an elegant and effective CHDK fix that is implemented, tried and true on the S5.

Appreciative end-user for several years:  S5is, SX10is, and SD4000is.

Offline SkyWalker9

• SX20 IS (fw 1.02b)
« Reply #608 on: 20 / March / 2011, 17:24:01 »
I've been using CHDK on S5IS for about three years, and then bought and installed on SX10IS.  I'm of course very appreciative of the ongoing development.  

One thing that S5 has, which was never implemented on the SX10, is to use the Zoom Rocker for Manual Focus.  I suppose someone thought that in theory the problems with the old S5 omni-lever were solved with the control wheel on the SX10, but the wheel is so dodgy and jerky that every time I update CHDK for SX10 I hope and pray it will be included:  the old S5 is much much easier to manually focus, using the CHDK-enabled zoom rocker.  (I keep the S5 around mainly to overcome the SX10's slow lens on overcast days, but the CHDK zoom rocker MF advantage is also a factor.)

Hopefully others agree with me and the word will get through to developers, that control wheel MF on the SX10 leaves much to be desired, and possibly some users were unaware there is such an elegant and effective CHDK fix that is implemented, tried and true on the S5.
Since the SX10 & SX20 seem to be similar, this posting & script might be something you want to "play" with. It's not the best solution, just a script that might be of interest...http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5993.msg59658#msg59658
« Last Edit: 20 / March / 2011, 23:28:50 by SkyWalker9 »

« Reply #609 on: 08 / May / 2011, 18:00:31 »
Hi,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me.  I actually had not planned on trying this yet, but my camera got a little wet and started having some lens errors.  The lens now seems to be retracting OK, but the camera whenever I turn it on either with the play button or on/off button shows a clock.  From there I can now go into photo and playback mode but most of the buttons don't do anything and the zoom is nonfunctional.  Something is clearly wrong.  Is there a way to "get it back to normal?"  Thanks for any advice and apologies for posting it here but I can't find any other reference to this issue anywhere else and seems no one but you guys would have any idea how to help.