SD1100/ixus 80 porting .... - page 11 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SD1100/ixus 80 porting ....

• 360 Replies
Re: SD1100/ixus 80 porting ....
« Reply #100 on: 25 / September / 2008, 17:38:57 »
Advertisements
Hey I just found this and tried it out following all the steps in the faqs (I think), and all I get is a stupid "Card locked!" error with the normal firmware. Is there something I missed?
Use a SD card <=4GB with a single FAT16 formatted partition, made bootable & with diskboot.bin on it, lock the card... CHDK wikia.

Cool thanks.  Turns out all I needed to do was "echo -n BOOTDISK | sudo dd bs=1 count=8 seek=64 of=/dev/sdb1"  to make it bootable.  I tried it out, created a raw image, wasn't able to open it with gimp, then read this whole thread again realizing I need the "DNG4PS-2" program.  I downloaded the source code for it, but haven't yet compiled it since it doesn't seem to have a Make file or configure script so I'll mess with it again some more later.  Just thought I'd let you know that it's working on mine!

PS: is the blue text at the bottom supposed to flickr like that? ("Default Script <ALT>")

« Reply #101 on: 25 / September / 2008, 23:57:13 »
Am I missing it or is there no Aperture override in the ported version as of yet?

« Reply #102 on: 26 / September / 2008, 01:16:09 »
Hello there..

CHDK is working great with my 1.01a ;)
Just being curious, caus I don't know whether this is a general CHDK bug or a specific ixus-80 problem.
When shooting pictures with bracketing in continous mode, all pictures have +0 EV in their EXIF information, and not the actual values with which they were taken.
Still, great work - I appreciate all your effort!
Best regards from lovely Dresden in Saxony, Germany.

ianox

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #103 on: 26 / September / 2008, 02:54:29 »
Am I missing it or is there no Aperture override in the ported version as of yet?
All Ixus models & some cams of the A-series do not have a real aperture (iris), they have a ND filter instead...

« Reply #104 on: 27 / September / 2008, 06:15:12 »

« Reply #105 on: 27 / September / 2008, 19:07:52 »
Hi all,

very impressive, works fine so far: IXUS 80, FW 101.a, CHDK 355 . Am already enjoying the fun of making HDR pictures.

What I want to figure out next is how to remotely trigger the camera, and also how to make very long exposures.

One question about the bug mentioned earlier, on never to switch to manual focusing when in PLAY mode. What happens if I do?

Many thanks again, and keep up the good work!

p.s.
Actually, I've just got myself two Ixus because I want to take stereo pictures. As CHDK is a great tool to synchronize and work with compact point and shoot cameras, I went for Canon. So, Canon should definitely say thank you!
But maybe, we should say thank you to Canon for allowing their cameras to work with CHDK, which makes their cameras really great toys!

2 * IXUS 80 / FW 101A

« Reply #106 on: 29 / September / 2008, 23:14:01 »
i cant find the firmware download link, help plz

Offline will

• IXUS 80IS fw 1.01a
« Reply #107 on: 30 / September / 2008, 00:08:33 »
i cant find the firmware download link, help plz

If you look back a few pages, you'll find the download link:
SD1100/ixus 80 porting ....

Make sure you're logged in, otherwise you won't be able to see it.

« Reply #108 on: 30 / September / 2008, 00:12:42 »
oh ok, thanks i just made a account guess thats why

« Reply #109 on: 01 / October / 2008, 05:11:02 »
Sorry if this is the wrong topic/etc.

How long should I expect it to take writing an image to a decent SD card, at full resolution?

I am considering buying this camera because its the most promising one on newegg at the moment.  I plan on using it as a high speed document scanner.  I have an old ADF  (auto feed) scanner, but its way too slow.  I plan on scanning 1000+ documents as fast as possible.

My setup plan is:

1) Frame up a camera focused at the center of a table.
2) Do the remote shutter USB cable mod to a foot pedal (keep both hands free to work).
3) Diffuse bright lighting
4) Pile on the left side of the table.
5) Chalked (taped) outline of the ideal document location in the center of the table.
6) Done pile on the right.

With this setup I can have both hands working, taking a document off the top of the stack on the left, center it in the tape outline, hit the foot pedal, wait briefly, and stack it on the right.

This should be the optimal way to scan, but I see the bottle neck being how long it takes the camera to write to the SD card and be ready to release the shutter again.

Is this the right camera to use?  How often can I expect to take pictures? - If someone can actually time their throughput it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch