SD1100/ixus 80 porting .... - page 10 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

SD1100/ixus 80 porting ....

• 360 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: SD1100/ixus 80 porting ....
« Reply #90 on: 23 / September / 2008, 16:51:06 »
Advertisements
I felt, the camera draws out power much faster than before. Is it normal or I am getting something wrong?

See FAQ - CHDK Wiki

Of course, if actual measurements of the current draw and/or battery life show significant difference under CHDK, that's something that would need looking into.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #91 on: 23 / September / 2008, 19:20:09 »
Hi there,
i'm all new in here and with CHDK, so BIG thanks first of all, it really works with the 1.01A cam i got today.
The only thing i found is that if i shoot in raw, turn the cam off, switch to play mode and then turn it on again, the original software tells me something about an unknown file and then turns off again immediately.
Else if i switch into play mode when the cam is turned on, then it tells me the same, but i'm able to go back or delete the file or whatever...GREAT thing though!
Greets fx

« Reply #92 on: 23 / September / 2008, 22:25:08 »
THANK YOU CHR!!!!

i've tried CHDK for my ixus 80is 1.01a and it works, i havent downloaded the latest version but i have been having fun with the slightly limited options of the earlier release...

just thought i'd thank you for your hard work in getting my beloved CHDK onto my new camera  :D

thank you thank you thank you :D :D :D :P

« Reply #93 on: 23 / September / 2008, 22:49:13 »
Working on my 1.01a, I am noticing the battery drain as well, I guess time will tell if its imagined like the FAQ says or if it actually does drain it. 
« Last Edit: 23 / September / 2008, 23:26:37 by overclockedjesus »

« Reply #94 on: 24 / September / 2008, 02:55:32 »
I found that when Zebra mode is enabled, the black frames from the (to me important) 3:2 mode tend to dissapear as soon as over/under-exposure is indicated in those spots. Is that a normal issue? Can't find anything about it.
Greets
« Last Edit: 24 / September / 2008, 03:35:52 by effexxx »

Offline chr

• IXUS 82 IS
« Reply #95 on: 24 / September / 2008, 07:41:48 »
Hello ppl!

I felt, the camera draws out power much faster than before. Is it normal or I am getting something wrong?

Sure, chdk takes some extra power and there is a great potential for optimisation.

On the other side, watch the canon battery indicator. It has only 4 steps: 100%, 50%, red, red blink.
It shows 100% until chdk shows 21%! This gives users a good feeling.

Mh, someone got the external powersupply device? With that we can measure the real power consumption.

I found that when Zebra mode is enabled, the black frames from the (to me important) 3:2 mode tend to dissapear as soon as over/under-exposure is indicated in those spots. Is that a normal issue? Can't find anything about it.
Greets
Maybe this is a general chdk issue. Since the sd1100 is the only cam I have, I opened this thread: dryos porting probs: bugs in chdk or ... ?
Talking about 3:2 I just tested the grid feature, There is a 3:2 grid but it seems to be not correct?!

The only thing i found is that if i shoot in raw, turn the cam off, switch to play mode and then turn it on again, the original software tells me something about an unknown file and then turns off again immediately.
Else if i switch into play mode when the cam is turned on, then it tells me the same, but i'm able to go back or delete the file or whatever...GREAT thing though!
Greets fx
I tried to reproduce this bug. I just got the issue, when power on in PLAY, it switched off without any message.
I did a dosfsck -v -a and oh yes, there was a fs trouble.
I tried to reproduce again: I pressed poweroff while the cam saving the raw: no problem, both raw file and jpeg are on SD, dosfsck also ok.

Mh, maybe the was not enough free space on your SD?

When the cam switches off like yours, check the ROMLOG.txt option in the debug menu. (check the timestamp, if the log is fresh. the timestamp is in GMT!) I found a

ASSERT!! FsIoNotify.c
Task name: SpyTask

so it was chdk in my case who crashed.

« Reply #96 on: 24 / September / 2008, 08:09:20 »
Well, what i meant is that i get that issue with a raw already done and saved, but i'll check it with an empty card and the logfile, thanks.
Talking about the grids, i loaded them onto the card, but they're not shown in the file browser, same with languages. Or did i maybe miss to do something? Sorry if so, as i said, i'm very new to CHDK.
Greets

« Reply #97 on: 24 / September / 2008, 17:02:11 »
Hey I just found this and tried it out following all the steps in the faqs (I think), and all I get is a stupid "Card locked!" error with the normal firmware.
Is there something I missed?

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #98 on: 24 / September / 2008, 17:24:45 »
Hey I just found this and tried it out following all the steps in the faqs (I think), and all I get is a stupid "Card locked!" error with the normal firmware. Is there something I missed?
Use a SD card <=4GB with a single FAT16 formatted partition, made bootable & with diskboot.bin on it, lock the card... CHDK wikia.

« Reply #99 on: 25 / September / 2008, 14:28:05 »
chr,

You ought to get a commission from Canon: thanks to your hard work porting CHDK to the SD1100, I've just ordered one . :)

I'm really looking forward to using your port, and will try to find time to post bug reports here or in Mantis if I encounter any problems.

Thanks in advance!

spk