SX510 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

SX510

• 218 Replies
SX510
« on: 27 / November / 2013, 15:03:45 »
Advertisements
Hi all!
First post here, hope I'm not out of line.
I have a project I'm really trying to get going with the SX510, but being new, it doesn't have a CHDK release yet. I'm not smart enough to do a port myself. But, I'd be happy to send a 510 to someone who is a developer, who has an interest in doing a port.
Thanks for considering it,
Tom

Offline nafraf

Re: SX510
« Reply #1 on: 27 / November / 2013, 17:05:47 »
Maybe I can help you, I sent you a private message.

« Reply #2 on: 28 / November / 2013, 11:41:23 »
Thanks, got the email.

Offline firejdl

• PowerShot SX510HS
« Reply #3 on: 30 / November / 2013, 14:15:52 »
I just bought this camera, and I'm looking for info on porting CHDK to it too. I'm looking through the developer docs but not too sure what I'm doing yet.

Offline firejdl

• PowerShot SX510HS
« Reply #4 on: 01 / December / 2013, 21:32:40 »
Well, I obviously don't know what I'm doing. For some reason I didn't think I needed to check my firmware version. Of course, I wasn't making much progress.  :P

Now I've got the right firmware dump. Hopefully I'll be able to put the things I figured out to good use...now for attempt #2.

« Reply #5 on: 01 / December / 2013, 21:37:28 »
I just bought this camera, and I'm looking for info on porting CHDK to it too. I'm looking through the developer docs but not too sure what I'm doing yet.
Well, I obviously don't know what I'm doing. For some reason I didn't think I needed to check my firmware version. Of course, I wasn't making much progress.  :P

Now I've got the right firmware dump. Hopefully I'll be able to put the things I figured out to good use...now for attempt #2.
Welcome!  And good luck with this project - most of us started off pretty much the same way you are.

If you have specific questions, please ask here.  Or drop into the CHDK IRC channel (#CHDK on freenode IRC) - evenings (USA time) are usually the best time to find help there.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline firejdl

• PowerShot SX510HS
« Reply #6 on: 05 / December / 2013, 01:07:49 »
Thanks for the welcome! I'll check out the IRC when I have some time.

So far, I'm...somewhere. I don't have much time to work on this during the week due to work, but I'm doing a little more every day.

I've got all but 10 addresses in stubs_entry.S and stubs_entry_2.S

I'm decently sure that the address of the main LED is 0xC0220120.

But I can't get my DISKBOOT.BIN to boot at all. I tried putting code to turn on the LED from the Debugging page in both loader/sx510hs/entry.S and loader/sx510hs/main.c, but when I insert the (locked) SD card into my camera and try to turn it on with either the power button or the play button, nothing happens. No LED or LCD action at all. The camera hangs up until I remove and reinsert the battery.

The stubs entries that I'm missing are:
Code: [Select]
WriteSDCard
apex2us
time
viewport_fb_d
active_palette_buffer
palette_buffer
active_bitmap_buffer
bitmap_buffer
palette_control
recreview_hold
SetZoomActuatorSpeedPercent
Anyone have any ideas for my current situation? Do I need to get the rest of these stubs entries before it will boot at all? I was under the impression that I could boot something not-exactly-perfect and then get the rest working after. Am I just missing something stupid? (it wouldn't surprise me given my experience so far...)
« Last Edit: 05 / December / 2013, 01:09:51 by firejdl »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #7 on: 05 / December / 2013, 01:57:33 »
But I can't get my DISKBOOT.BIN to boot at all. I tried putting code to turn on the LED from the Debugging page in both loader/sx510hs/entry.S and loader/sx510hs/main.c, but when I insert the (locked) SD card into my camera and try to turn it on with either the power button or the play button, nothing happens. No LED or LCD action at all. The camera hangs up until I remove and reinsert the battery.
This could happen if your diskboot encoding is wrong.

I'm decently sure that the address of the main LED is 0xC0220120.
You could test this with Canon Basic if you want http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Canon_Basic
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #8 on: 05 / December / 2013, 08:32:24 »
According to my tests, SX510 requires new dancing bits.
To create the patch, is there any list of dancing bits flavors to follow?

I have not found all the missing stubs entries, but source code is here

Offline reyalp

« Reply #9 on: 05 / December / 2013, 16:48:33 »
To create the patch, is there any list of dancing bits flavors to follow?
You get to select the flavor ;)
Don't forget what the H stands for.