Does ISO overwrite correct work on BSI CMOS Camera as Ixus 300/310 /sx220/sx230 - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Does ISO overwrite correct work on BSI CMOS Camera as Ixus 300/310 /sx220/sx230

• 22 Replies
Advertisements
I understand this problem not really. For more than 75 cameras the ISO override function works fine, and for the Ixus1000 not?
I believe that the problem is related to what Bernd R is trying to do.   I think that he wants to use ISO override to set a specific ISO value and have the camera calculate the correct exposure at that ISO settting.

On the SD940,  you can do that from the Canon shooting menu.  On the G10,  you can do that with a dial on the top of the camera.  There is no need to use CHDK to set a fixed ISO value on my cameras. 

Apparently this functionality is not available from the Canon firmware on the IXUS300 ?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
I think that he wants to use ISO override to set a specific ISO value and have the camera calculate the correct exposure at that ISO settting.

OK, I understand. That would be a new CHDK feature.

But in a first step we should integrate the Ixus1000 in the CHDK SVN system. Then we can look for such marginal problems. I think it's better to have a nearly finished port in SVN than lose some ports, see also SX210.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

But in a first step we should integrate the Ixus1000 in the CHDK SVN system. Then we can look for such marginal problems. I think it's better to have a nearly finished port in SVN than lose some ports, see also SX210.
I agree - that's why I created a patch file for Bernd R to test.  Once we eliminate things like this as not being bugs,  I'll submit it as a Beta.  I think we are pretty close to that.

I understand this problem not really. For more than 75 cameras the ISO override function works fine, and for the Ixus1000 not?
I believe that the problem is related to what Bernd R is trying to do.   I think that he wants to use ISO override to set a specific ISO value and have the camera calculate the correct exposure at that ISO settting.

I thought the ISO overwrite function should do this.I can change ISO on Ixus 1000 only on P Program.
Programs more often use that not allow the set of ISO are Portrait, or Kids and Pets, Smile shutter.When use this modes indoor and want no flash, Camera choose very high ISO.But image stabilisation of this Camera work so good, that you can get sharp images with 1/8 sec when do a series shot of 3 or more images.

the end of this is, that i can not  use this modes, with default chdk, because camera choose often more than 3-4* higher ISO, so more noise than necessary.

so this is a important feature to have for me.
Does other Camera allow the set of ISO in programs as portrait ?.when press func set you can see on left bar, that ISO is set to auto and the setting can not change
I thought canon firmware work same on all camera, and the ixus 1000 miss only the  manual modes.

also good to have ISO overwrite correct in automatic is, that BSI CMOS Sensor is able to choose ISO values as 160 250 320 640.so you can lower noise too.ISO on Camera is 125 200 400 800 1600 only

I try on Ixus 1000 first to overwrite the TV value, but here is same Problem, when i set the value the camera automatic do not calc correct times and image is by random over or underexposed.

The Ixus 1000 have no TV mode, so only chdk can bring the features.But currently i get the feature not working.
« Last Edit: 22 / October / 2011, 02:58:14 by Bernd R »
Ixus 1000 HS

I agree - that's why I created a patch file for Bernd R to test.  Once we eliminate things like this as not being bugs,  I'll submit it as a Beta.  I think we are pretty close to that.

Yes, i think too the Port can merge.It work good enough now.

about the SX210:
The files are in the Ixus 1000 source files i upload some time ago and waterwings use for his new Ixus 1000 Port.If this can merge too, SX210 users can test.
only what not work in SX210 Port is zebra 4:3.I think the code of the Ixus 1000 work on SX210 too, and if not the G12 or SX30 Code can work
Ixus 1000 HS

I thought the ISO overwrite function should do this.I can change ISO on Ixus 1000 only on P Program.
Programs more often use that not allow the set of ISO are Portrait, or Kids and Pets, Smile shutter.When use this modes indoor and want no flash, Camera choose very high ISO.But image stabilisation of this Camera work so good, that you can get sharp images with 1/8 sec when do a series shot of 3 or more images.
Can you use the Custom Auto ISO menu to lock the ISO range down to where you want it ?

Can you use the Custom Auto ISO menu to lock the ISO range down to where you want it ?

yeah thanks, after some tests i get it working when choose in auto ISO 1/15.I notice when the flash is not switch off in portrait mode(need always switch off after start camera), Auto ISO do not work.Camera choose with flash on ISO 400 and 1/60sec

But when i disable the flash, it can work

is this same in your camera, when flash is on, auto ISO do not work ?
The P mode store the flash setting so when switch off once, the flash is always off.But not other Programs.The flash is set always to auto
« Last Edit: 23 / October / 2011, 06:16:18 by Bernd R »
Ixus 1000 HS

Offline philmoz

• Photos
        "BL      shooting_expo_param_override\n" 
        "BL      sub_FF883D88\n"
        "BL      shooting_expo_param_override\n"  // +

This will cause problems when setting overrides from scripts. The first call to shooting_expo_param_override will set the override value requested by the script, and then clear the script value.

The second call will then reset the override to the CHDK configuration settings.

See the G12, SX30 or IXUS 310 ports for a better way to do this.

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

"BL      shooting_expo_param_override\n" 
        "BL      sub_FF883D88\n"

This will cause problems when setting overrides from scripts. The first call to shooting_expo_param_override will set the override value requested by the script, and then clear the script value.

The second call will then reset the override to the CHDK configuration settings.

See the G12, SX30 or IXUS 310 ports for a better way to do this.

Phil.

thanks for info, i see that you use a own function for iso_overwrite and i do the code then.

"BL      shooting_expo_iso_override\n"  // +
                 "BL      sub_FF883D88\n"

I upload the new files later, in ixus 1000 thread

I see in your code auto iso is design to not work on Flash auto mode.But whats the reason, or better is the reason valid on newer Camera ?

I do a test and fake this.so auto iso is always use.

short shooting_get_flash_mode()
{
    short fm = 0;
    _GetPropertyCase(PROPCASE_FLASH_MODE, &fm, sizeof(fm));
    fm = 1;
    return fm;
}

I test with diffrent light and the ISO overwrite work always correct in auto mode and the flash is depend on light switch on or off.

I set auto ISO to 1/15 sec. The exif of shootet image show ISO 80 and are correct exposure and seem have less noise as default ISO 125.but maybe i need do more tests

Do you manage to get lower ISO as 125 work correct on your Ixus 310 ?
The BSI sensor should able to do this, as can see on WB2000.can do ISO 80

I have the thinking the sensor native ISO is not 125 200 400 800

it is 160 320 640.because this setting get lower noise.but maybe my feeling is wrong

BTW: can you tell me a very easy to handle diff tool that produce correct diff file from 2 dirs and have a GUI ?
« Last Edit: 23 / October / 2011, 07:24:52 by Bernd R »
Ixus 1000 HS

Offline philmoz

• Photos

I see in your code auto iso is design to not work on Flash auto mode.But whats the reason, or better is the reason valid on newer Camera ?

I haven't looked at this - if auto ISO is disabled when the flash is on this will be in the CHDK core code, not something specific to my ports. There is probably a reason for it; but whether the reason is still valid for current cameras I can's say.

BTW: can you tell me a very easy to handle diff tool that produce correct diff file from 2 dirs and have a GUI ?

If you are using Windows then I recommend TortoiseSVN. This will give you an SVN client integrated into Windows explorer. You can right click and checkout a working copy of the source, update to the latest version and easily create patch files in the right format.

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)