ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread - page 83 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread

• 899 Replies

Offline nafraf

Re: ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #820 on: 02 / June / 2013, 18:49:36 »
Advertisements
Has anyone created a Lens Profile to use in Lightroom/Photoshop?  I searched the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader tool but none were available there.
msl collected some camera and lenses profiles: Adobe camera & lens profiles

« Reply #821 on: 02 / June / 2013, 19:06:04 »
thanks for the quick reply.

i also found that user: rau89 posted a lens profile to this thread earlier: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6341.msg84311;topicseen#msg84311

i'll try both of them out and see which works better.

another question:
my main reason for getting CHDK was to improve image quality taking pictures in Raw and processing them using Lightroom---do you guys note any difference?    or is Canon's default jpeg processing good enough?

Thanks

« Reply #822 on: 02 / June / 2013, 19:35:56 »
my main reason for getting CHDK was to improve image quality taking pictures in Raw and processing them using Lightroom---do you guys note any difference?    or is Canon's default jpeg processing good enough?
This has been the subject of much debate on this forum.  To be blunt,  Canon's jpg processing is usually pretty darn good.  Still,  a RAW image gives people a chance to optimize images to suit themselves.  It just seems to me like a lot of work for not a lot of return compared to Canon JPG -  IMHO.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #823 on: 02 / June / 2013, 20:25:36 »
With my A4000, the barrel distortion correction isn't perfect, and the white balance can be off by quite a bit.  I also intend to use it for digitizing books, and JPEGs are not optimal for that.  So, RAW is the safe option, though much more work.
« Last Edit: 02 / June / 2013, 20:58:42 by rkomar »

« Reply #824 on: 02 / June / 2013, 21:40:23 »
This has been the subject of much debate on this forum.  To be blunt,  Canon's jpg processing is usually pretty darn good.  Still,  a RAW image gives people a chance to optimize images to suit themselves.  It just seems to me like a lot of work for not a lot of return compared to Canon JPG -  IMHO.

thanks for the reply. thats what i figured also. however, the nerd in me still would like to give it a shot and see for myself. i am hoping that through this process, even if i end up reverting back to jpeg for simplicity sake, that i will get to learn a new software (lightroom) which i might end up using for my jpeg editing, and hopefully my overall photography will improve. i'm not a pro at all, just an average guy interested in taking better pictures.  at some point, i'd also like to take some timelapse and try out bracketing/HDR.

cheers

« Reply #825 on: 02 / June / 2013, 21:47:11 »
thanks for the reply. thats what i figured also. however, the nerd in me still would like to give it a shot and see for myself. i am hoping that through this process, even if i end up reverting back to jpeg for simplicity sake, that i will get to learn a new software (lightroom) which i might end up using for my jpeg editing, and hopefully my overall photography will improve. i'm not a pro at all, just an average guy interested in taking better pictures.  at some point, i'd also like to take some timelapse and try out bracketing/HDR.
Playing with RAW/DNG to see what you can do is what CHDK is all about.  Especially if you are willing to take the time to experiment and learn.  And you will get different effects than the default jpgs - whether they are better or not is "in the eye of the beholder".

Timelapse,  HDR, 3D, USB remote, super high speed,  very low speed, and Motion Detect (lightening or wildlife) fit into the fun experimental category too.   

Good to see you have the right attitude about it all.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #826 on: 17 / June / 2013, 04:31:06 »
How camera switch "auto" affect to CHDK function?

How to set continues mode and fast burst mode by script?

Offline fm

« Reply #827 on: 26 / June / 2013, 18:05:29 »
Hello!

I have just tested CHDK (1.1) on my IXUS 220 HS and there is one little but annoying bug: when I power it on with the "play" button, it does start in shooting mode, and not playback mode (with the lens opening).

François.

« Reply #828 on: 06 / October / 2013, 21:33:39 »
Can I confirm that there is no exposure lock in video even with CHDK ?
CHDK used for a Bullet-time sequence
Welcome to mishra.tv productions

« Reply #829 on: 15 / January / 2014, 12:44:09 »
Has anyone tried the lock exposure script written here for video yet??

http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5295.100