ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread - page 53 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread

• 899 Replies
Re: ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #520 on: 27 / December / 2011, 20:54:36 »
Advertisements
Is there scripts for Av priority? I'm also interested in manual focus, possible? Thanks.
There are many such scripts - use the search function here and in the wiki http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK to find one that meets your needs.

On my port [101c] there is not an 'Override Aperture' option in the 'Extra Photo Operations' menu.

If I recall, there may not be a option for Av Priority [aperture] in this type of camera. If I'm not mistaken that is due to the fact that the camera doesn't have a 'proper' aperture mechanism – I think it is something to do with ND filters being used. But don't quote me on that. I'm still learning this chdk thing as I go.

Update: From the chdk manual explaining a little more about the aperture override.
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual#Override_Aperture

can't find" Override Aperture"
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=940.msg7980#msg7980

« Last Edit: 27 / December / 2011, 21:18:46 by henrooo »

« Reply #521 on: 27 / December / 2011, 21:20:07 »
On my port [101c] there is not an 'Override Aperture' option in the 'Extra Photo Operations' menu.

If I recall, there may not be a option for Av Priority [aperture] in this type of camera. If I'm not mistaken that is due to the fact that the camera doesn't have a 'proper' aperture mechanism – I think it is something to do with ND filters being used. But don't quote me on that. I'm still learning this chdk thing as I go.
Correct.  In fact, the platform_camera.h file for the IXUS220HS, which tells the CHDK build process how your camera is configured,  has a line that says :
#undef CAM_HAS_IRIS_DIAPHRAGM
which means CHDK is compiled assuming it cannot control an aperature mechanism.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #522 on: 28 / December / 2011, 06:40:03 »
Ok! Thanks! And for manual focus control on ixus 220? Which script does it work?Thanks.

« Reply #523 on: 28 / December / 2011, 08:37:40 »
Ok! Thanks! And for
 manual focus control on ixus 220? Which script does it work?Thanks.
You are probably going to learn a lot more about CHDK by reading the links I posted for you on Dec 26th and by searching for things yourself rather than posting each question 1 by 1 here on the forum.  Here's one last hint :
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual#Override_Subject_Distance

« Reply #524 on: 28 / December / 2011, 09:19:22 »
Hi everyone.
Even I’m a newbie to CHDK, I got good results for the remote control of shutter and zoom of my IXUS890IS on a KAP cradle with the suitable CHDK and a script based on USB power pulse width, like those described here (http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/kapstuff/zchdk2.html)
To reduce the weight of the aerial platform, I got the IXUS220HS /ELPH300 as the suitable CHDK build (1.0.1 e) was released a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately, up to now, I could not get any control of shutter or zoom with USB power pulses  (shooting is OK via scripts). The green led above “Disp” button lights and a very low bip can be heard when sending the pulse without any further action. Does anybody know of the capability of the IXUS 220HS/ELPH 300 for CHDK USB remote control ?
Thanks in advance.

« Reply #525 on: 28 / December / 2011, 09:28:13 »
I tried Override Subject Distance but for me doesn't work. I'm asking if there's another way to focus manually, with a script for example. thanks.

« Reply #526 on: 28 / December / 2011, 09:52:12 »
I tried Override Subject Distance but for me doesn't work. I'm asking if there's another way to focus manually, with a script for example. thanks.

- Enter Canon's Focus Lock mode (half press shutter + left)
- Enter Alt mode
- Press Up to enter MF mode
- Use the zoom lever to adjust subject distance (ie, to focus)
- Use Up and Down buttons to change the Factor

« Reply #527 on: 28 / December / 2011, 10:00:12 »
Unfortunately, up to now, I could not get any control of shutter or zoom with USB power pulses  (shooting is OK via scripts). The green led above “Disp” button lights and a very low bip can be heard when sending the pulse without any further action. Does anybody know of the capability of the IXUS 220HS/ELPH 300 for CHDK USB remote control ?
There is really only one thing that has to be done correctly in each port in order for USB remote functionality to work.    The value of USB_MASK has to get set correctly in platform/camera/kbd.c  ( and if its not in the third key register, that code has to get tweaked). 

Here's a quick test script to see if that's working.  Run it in playback mode without USB remote enabled.  If you don't have a USB switch,  just plug and unplug any USB cable with the right connectors between your camera and you PC's USB port.

Code: [Select]
@title USB Test

:loop1
  print "waiting for USB"
:loop2
  wait_click 1
  is_key k "remote"
  if k<>1 then goto "loop2"
  print "USB power active"
 :loop3
  wait_click 1
  is_key k "remote"
  if k=1 then goto "loop3"
   print "USB power removed"
goto "loop1"

end

« Reply #528 on: 28 / December / 2011, 10:13:13 »
Thank you, now I can use it!

- Enter Canon's Focus Lock mode (half press shutter + left)
- Enter Alt mode
- Press Up to enter MF mode
- Use the zoom lever to adjust subject distance (ie, to focus)
- Use Up and Down buttons to change the Factor

Offline FaKK

« Reply #529 on: 29 / December / 2011, 08:57:18 »
how do i get the firmware version of my ixus 220hs? recommended to update to the 1.01e?

link> Determining the firmware version in your camera.

I'm Sorry ...
ver / vers.req both don't do it. while holding Func Set I'll get the Time Screensaver everytime. Key Combinations do not work. I tired both, 16GB fat32 SDHC & 2GB fat16.

« Last Edit: 29 / December / 2011, 08:59:08 by FaKK »