update_mode_list failed Operation Not Supported - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

update_mode_list failed Operation Not Supported

• 4 Replies
update_mode_list failed Operation Not Supported
« on: 13 / March / 2021, 05:32:07 »
Advertisements
Hi!

I try to controle my Ixus 100IS by the chdkptp but appears update_mode_list failed Operation Not Supported error and can't do anything.

Can't anybody help me?

Thanks!

Offline reyalp

Re: update_mode_list failed Operation Not Supported
« Reply #1 on: 13 / March / 2021, 11:51:36 »
Hi!

I try to controle my Ixus 100IS by the chdkptp but appears update_mode_list failed Operation Not Supported error and can't do anything.

Can't anybody help me?

Thanks!
That suggests CHDK isn't actually running on your camera. Do you see a CHDK logo when you turn it on?
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 14 / March / 2021, 05:13:39 »
That suggests CHDK isn't actually running on your camera. Do you see a CHDK logo when you turn it on?

No, the logo and anything about the hack appears.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #3 on: 14 / March / 2021, 10:47:23 »
No, the logo and anything about the hack appears.
Is that a card with two partitons? If so, you need to copy the CHDK directory (and its content) from the distribution zip file to the large partition.

edit:
If the logo includes the circular part on the top, that would mean the directory and at least some of its content is there.
« Last Edit: 14 / March / 2021, 11:46:21 by srsa_4c »

« Reply #4 on: 14 / March / 2021, 16:26:44 »
Is that a card with two partitons? If so, you need to copy the CHDK directory (and its content) from the distribution zip file to the large partition.

edit:
If the logo includes the circular part on the top, that would mean the directory and at least some of its content is there.

Thaks, it's solved.