Ixus 185 porting thread - page 7 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Ixus 185 porting thread

• 68 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: Ixus 185 porting thread
« Reply #60 on: 27 / August / 2019, 20:33:26 »
Advertisements
FWIW, I'm not against renaming it. The Canon Museum link should be official enough to know the "Elph 185" name was allocated for this model isn't likely to be re-used on a *different* model any time soon, and I don't think it will hurt anything on our side.

In fact the mighty-hoernsche.de autobuild script has code that tries to split the ixus_whatever to list both, which might get confused by a bare ixus.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #61 on: 28 / August / 2019, 07:58:14 »
Are there any remaining issues regarding this model? If not, we should perhaps release this port officially.
So far, I have tested 61 of 258 features (based on the CHDK 1.3 manual). There are no outstanding failures to date, either from targeted tests or ad hoc usage.  Given limitations on available time, it will realistically take me several weeks elapsed to work through the list.
« Last Edit: 28 / August / 2019, 08:47:47 by gjl2599 »
Regards - gjl2599

Offline reyalp

« Reply #62 on: 28 / August / 2019, 12:18:24 »
So far, I have tested 61 of 258 features (based on the CHDK 1.3 manual). There are no outstanding failures to date, either from targeted tests or ad hoc usage.  Given limitations on available time, it will realistically take me several weeks elapsed to work through the list.
I think the testing you've done so far is much more thorough than most ports, so I have no objection to including it in the autobuild.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #63 on: 28 / August / 2019, 19:23:43 »
FWIW, I'm not against renaming it. The Canon Museum link should be official enough to know the "Elph 185" name was allocated for this model isn't likely to be re-used on a *different* model any time soon, and I don't think it will hurt anything on our side.

In fact the mighty-hoernsche.de autobuild script has code that tries to split the ixus_whatever to list both, which might get confused by a bare ixus.
If you think renaming is the better choice, feel free to do it. And in that case, you can also enable autobuild.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #64 on: 29 / August / 2019, 02:54:23 »
If you think renaming is the better choice, feel free to do it. And in that case, you can also enable autobuild.
Both done.

Not sure it was the better choice, but it seemed easier than messing with the TCL code that runs the autobuild :-[

« Reply #65 on: 29 / August / 2019, 05:06:55 »
Both done.
I'm not ungrateful ;)

Not sure it was the better choice, but it seemed easier than messing with the TCL code that runs the autobuild :-[
I believe it was, although I'm wondering if Canon created the American and Asian model counterparts just so some scripts of theirs run smoothly :P
Author of CHIMP, Canon Hack Installation and Management Platform

« Reply #66 on: 18 / September / 2019, 03:07:29 »
Hello!
Thank you for porting this device!
I have one question. Curves are not showing in the camera menu.
Thats why I wanted to ask what could be the reason of that?

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #67 on: 18 / September / 2019, 03:30:15 »
Hello!
Thank you for porting this device!
I have one question. Curves are not showing in the camera menu.
Thats why I wanted to ask what could be the reason of that?
Curves are not supported on newer cameras.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #68 on: 03 / January / 2020, 01:46:03 »
edit3:
Changes checked in, trunk 5393. Build removed

Here's a test build with filewrite task implemented, along with the corresponding source path.

To test, you can use
Code: [Select]
chdkptp -e"exec require'camtests'.runbatch{shoot=true}"
Please make sure continuous shooting is enabled in the canon firmware before running the test.

edit 2020/01/05:
Replaced build with test-2 to fix a mistake I found in the elph180 version of the code. This mistake seems to have been harmless on elph180.

edit2:
And replaced with test-3 to fix a very silly mistake that made it not work at all  (I forgot to hook filewrite) :-X

« Last Edit: 06 / January / 2020, 01:04:49 by reyalp »