Eos 400d ( Rebel XTI ) - page 61 - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum

Eos 400d ( Rebel XTI )

• 1871 Replies
Re: Eos 400d ( Rebel XTI )
« Reply #600 on: 29 / January / 2011, 10:04:42 »
Advertisements
Thanks Sergei, and vatoz pour la patch :D

The ability to take several frames is fantastic.

For cons, the setting remains the same all three frames.

Example with 3 frames :   -3/100iso ; -1/100iso ; +1 / 100iso

For 7 frames: -3/100iso ; -1/100iso ; +1 / 100iso ; -3/100iso ; -1/100iso ; +1 / 100iso ; -3/100iso

You it is possible to make frames with different margins?

Thanks
« Last Edit: 29 / January / 2011, 10:08:45 by TomBStonE »

Offline sjm

« Reply #601 on: 29 / January / 2011, 11:09:41 »
Fantastic!!!  :D :D :D

There seems to be some bugs, so I have to turn off the cam from time to time  8)

It would be some more fantastic for me, if you could make a combination of extended AEB with a mirror lock. I think it would be the best, if the mirror remains locked during all the AEB-shots  :P :D

many, many thanks so far!!!

sjm

Offline vatoz

« Reply #602 on: 29 / January / 2011, 16:57:58 »
I have added an automatic intervalometer.
You must configure it in menu and set dp button as a shortcut for it.
After starting you can disable it using main modeswitching knob (just turn it to another position, you will hear confirmation beep).

http://panora.ma/dev/autoexec_2011-01-29_interval.zip

« Reply #603 on: 29 / January / 2011, 18:55:52 »
Anybody compiling this on a 64bit machine? I managed to create a build environment, but compilation always fails with a "relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 against symbol..." error; I tried the "-mlong-calls" flag, as suggested somewhere else, to no avail. Other people with 64bit machines seems to have the same problem.

« Reply #604 on: 30 / January / 2011, 01:09:23 »
Hi, first of all thanks for the CHDK hack, I've been using it for a while and it's just one of the reasons I'm keeping the XTi instead of upgrading :)

Regarding the latest firmware hack, automatic intervelometer works perfectly (kudos for this it's seriously a great feature), however, extended AEB doesn't seem to work for me. All the frames are taken with the same setting(no change in exposure setting, same shutter speed). I tried 3 frames, 5 frames with 1EV and the results were the same. AEB(not extended AEB) was turned off and I shoot extended AEB using the DP button(also tried pressing timer button then DP button).

Is there any setting I need to change before using the extended AEB function?

Thanks!

« Reply #605 on: 30 / January / 2011, 02:50:28 »
I have added an automatic intervalometer.
You must configure it in menu and set dp button as a shortcut for it.
After starting you can disable it using main modeswitching knob (just turn it to another position, you will hear confirmation beep).

http://panora.ma/dev/autoexec_2011-01-29_interval.zip

Vatoz - you ARE the man! I have been wanting this function on my camera for a long time and for you to add it within 24hours of my post is amazing. Thank you very much and also thanks to all the other devs who have worked on this.

Off to do some time-lapse - woohoo!

:D :D

Offline vatoz

« Reply #606 on: 30 / January / 2011, 04:09:49 »
To repeater: Mine work is just extremly small fraction -i am just reusing existing codebase.
To spca888 : for me eAEB works in Tv Av and P . I am working on some other code for M mode - it will change directly Time value instead of exposure correction. +some aditional modifications - e.g. beep on completion ...
To eduperez: I am also unable to compile on 64 bit, so currently i have "summoned arm toolchain" to my old slow 32 NTB  -where it works.

« Reply #607 on: 30 / January / 2011, 07:28:32 »
Thank you very much.
I am so impressed with all your talents.
I am new to DSLR but I learn fast.
What do you think would be good material to read to get me and my 400D up to speed?
Can multiple exposures be done fast and with good timing?
Is the shutter control fast enough to have it act as a stroboscope with out the flashing?
Or could this burn it out?
« Last Edit: 30 / January / 2011, 07:32:06 by JoeNeptune »

« Reply #608 on: 30 / January / 2011, 11:32:51 »
Anybody compiling this on a 64bit machine? I managed to create a build environment, but compilation always fails with a "relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 against symbol..." error; I tried the "-mlong-calls" flag, as suggested somewhere else, to no avail. Other people with 64bit machines seems to have the same problem.
I cannot answer you on 64 bit machines, but I can tell you how I did it without re-installing a different OS on hard drive.
I have installed a Live version of Ubuntu 10.04 on an 8GB pen drive.
I have then installed the gcc-arm-elf compiler following the instructions on the WIKI as reported several posts ago.
It compiles very quickly on my portable which is a old Pentium M740 at 1.7 GHz, whitout any error.

« Reply #609 on: 30 / January / 2011, 12:41:54 »
Thanks vatoz for your contribution. I wasn't able to set the interval, I set an interval = 2 but than I need to shot manually. What I did wrong?