Question about adding Eyefi-config code to CHDK build. - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

Question about adding Eyefi-config code to CHDK build.

• 84 Replies
Re: Question about adding Eyefi-config code to CHDK build.
« Reply #10 on: 17 / November / 2011, 14:27:02 »
Advertisements
Has anyone kept up with this, I wanted to compile this for the g12 and am not getting it right.

I have uploaded it to github https://github.com/arne182/chdk-eyefi

It compiles but I have not gotten the menu system to work. Can anyone help?
G12 1.00g

« Reply #11 on: 24 / November / 2011, 00:51:31 »
Well, I just got a couple of older Eye-Fi cards cheap to put in my stereo camera, so I guess this is my new project :)

« Reply #12 on: 24 / November / 2011, 05:05:24 »
Okay, the original chdk patch from Dave Hansen is pretty incomplete, so even if it was ported to the latest trunk it wouldn't do much that was useful.

That said, the main work in talking to the card is already done. Really all that's left is UI integration, which I'll probably do mostly from scratch rather than rely on Dave's code.

Time to roll my sleeves up and dig in.

« Reply #13 on: 24 / November / 2011, 05:52:22 »
Which stereo camera do you have ?

« Reply #14 on: 24 / November / 2011, 07:06:51 »
A couple of A460's. :)

« Reply #15 on: 26 / December / 2011, 10:36:04 »
Well, I've got some basic information coming back from my eyefi card now. I've had to do a fair amount of refactoring and cleanup of eyefi-config so that it would play nice with an embedded environment, and it's beginning to bear fruit.

It was almost harder to get a screenshot of the results!

« Reply #16 on: 28 / December / 2011, 07:20:11 »
I've attached an initial patch for eye-fi support against 1509. There's an OPT_EYEFI option to toggle support in the build.

At the moment it only adds an entry to the Misc menu allowing you to display the card info, names of configured access points, and currently detected APs. I'm gonna need a virtual keyboard before I can support configuring new APs!

Next I'll probably add support for changing the simple settings, such as transfer mode, and enabling/disabling the wifi. Also will start looking into delaying auto-poweroff while an upload is in progress. Delete-on-upload will be implemented if I can get the appropriate API information.

Note: I don't yet check if the current card is an Eye-Fi yet, so don't try the menu options on a standard card! (although the worst that will happen is it might hang waiting for a response.)
« Last Edit: 28 / December / 2011, 09:44:13 by pelrun »

« Reply #17 on: 08 / January / 2012, 12:33:31 »
I'm gonna need a virtual keyboard before I can support configuring new APs!
A text box is in development look here: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=7272

« Reply #18 on: 08 / January / 2012, 13:44:48 »
I know, I've been waiting for that to get into trunk :)

« Reply #19 on: 21 / April / 2012, 07:41:50 »
Okay, the original chdk patch from Dave Hansen is pretty incomplete, so even if it was ported to the latest trunk it wouldn't do much that was useful.

That said, the main work in talking to the card is already done. Really all that's left is UI integration, which I'll probably do mostly from scratch rather than rely on Dave's code.

Time to roll my sleeves up and dig in.

Can I be of any assistance in this. I would also really like to get this working.
G12 1.00g