Question about adding Eyefi-config code to CHDK build. - page 8 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Question about adding Eyefi-config code to CHDK build.

• 84 Replies
Re: Question about adding Eyefi-config code to CHDK build.
« Reply #70 on: 28 / September / 2013, 19:29:11 »
Advertisements
CHDK was able to see the available networks, but I still got a wrong password message when I tried to connect.

Damn, I made another mistake. The network testing code was wrong.
I can't see why the Canon software doesn't see the network though.
Try with this version, it should be ok now.

Are you "up" to doing a patch file now or would you prefer to post the code and have me do it again?

I attached a patch file, but please check if it makes sense. The diff refers to version 3118
« Last Edit: 30 / September / 2013, 02:30:47 by buttim »

« Reply #71 on: 28 / September / 2013, 19:40:56 »
I attached a patch file, but please check if it makes sense. The diff refers to version 3118
Your patch file only includes changes to existing CHDK files.  New files you added are missing - eyefi.c,  eyefi.h, eyefi_config.h etc
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #72 on: 29 / September / 2013, 11:08:49 »
Another upgrade, the bugs were not still solved. This time I did much more testing at last.
Still not able to produce a correct patch file, sorry. Working on it

« Reply #73 on: 29 / September / 2013, 11:10:50 »
Another upgrade, the bugs were not still solved. This time I did much more testing at last.
Still not able to produce a correct patch file, sorry. Working on it
If you are using svn to get your source,  you need to do an  svn add filename   for each of the new files you have created prior to producing a patch file.

« Reply #74 on: 29 / September / 2013, 11:20:01 »
Currently not using svn but the CHDK shell. It has an option for producing a patch but the result was wrong as you remarked.
If I try to use command line diff (diff -rBN trunk3118 trunk3118eyefi) I get tons of outpt relative to generated files. I tried to get a clean source directory using gmake clean but got some errors:
Code: [Select]
>> Cleaning in tools
>> Cleaning in tools/elf2flt
>> Cleaning in modules
>> Cleaning in modules/../lib/lua
>> Cleaning in modules/../lib/ubasic
>> Cleaning in modules/../lib/armutil
>> Cleaning in modules/../lib/math
>> Cleaning in modules/../lib/lang
>> Cleaning in modules/../lib/font
>> Cleaning in modules/../lib/core
>> Cleaning in CHDK
>> Cleaning in platform/
c:\chdk\gcc\bin\gmake.exe[1]: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
gmake: *** [clean-recursive] Error 1

« Reply #75 on: 29 / September / 2013, 11:45:56 »
Currently not using svn but the CHDK shell. It has an option for producing a patch but the result was wrong as you remarked.
Like I mentioned earlier,  at some point CHDK-Shell is more trouble than its worth (and its worth a lot when you are building your own versions of CHDK as a newbie!).

http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6753.msg105556#msg105556

I think I switched to svn from CHDK-Shell diff for the exact reasons you are discovering.

« Reply #76 on: 29 / September / 2013, 13:25:37 »
My try at producing a patch file with SVN. Hope it works...
« Last Edit: 29 / September / 2013, 14:23:02 by buttim »

« Reply #77 on: 29 / September / 2013, 14:05:43 »
Hi,
This version works to connect to a network.  Still does not show in Canon menu, but the card knows it is connected and transfers images.  If I delete the network (and turn on wlan, seems to be necessary even though it was turned on) the card will establish its own wlan which I can connect to.
One issue: the connect to network menu item starts up with a garbage password that has to be deleted.
All in all it is working very well.  Good job.
Jon

« Reply #78 on: 29 / September / 2013, 14:22:02 »
Still does not show in Canon menu, but the card knows it is connected and transfers images.
What do you mean by "Canon menu"?

One issue: the connect to network menu item starts up with a garbage password that has to be deleted.

True. Corrected

« Reply #79 on: 29 / September / 2013, 14:58:34 »
Canon has a menu that allows you to enable or disable the card and to view connections and status (transferring or not).  There is no way to connect to a new network in the Canon menu.

I can remove a network using CHDK and Canon will see that it has been removed when the camera is next turned on.  Canon will not see a network immediately that I have added with CHDK, but the card will transfer images using it and after a while Canon will see it.
Jon

Still does not show in Canon menu, but the card knows it is connected and transfers images.
What do you mean by "Canon menu"?

True. Corrected