Question about adding Eyefi-config code to CHDK build. - page 3 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Question about adding Eyefi-config code to CHDK build.

• 84 Replies
Re: Question about adding Eyefi-config code to CHDK build.
« Reply #20 on: 23 / April / 2012, 17:02:12 »
Advertisements
I've attached an initial patch for eye-fi support against 1509. There's an OPT_EYEFI option to toggle support in the build.

At the moment it only adds an entry to the Misc menu allowing you to display the card info, names of configured access points, and currently detected APs. I'm gonna need a virtual keyboard before I can support configuring new APs!

Next I'll probably add support for changing the simple settings, such as transfer mode, and enabling/disabling the wifi. Also will start looking into delaying auto-poweroff while an upload is in progress. Delete-on-upload will be implemented if I can get the appropriate API information.

Note: I don't yet check if the current card is an Eye-Fi yet, so don't try the menu options on a standard card! (although the worst that will happen is it might hang waiting for a response.)

I have tried the patch and am missing the eyefi-config.h file in the lib\eyefi folder. Can you supply that file still?
G12 1.00g

« Reply #21 on: 23 / April / 2012, 22:21:05 »
My patch doesn't use a file called "eyefi-config.h". Are you patching a clean tree?

« Reply #22 on: 24 / April / 2012, 02:21:22 »
My patch doesn't use a file called "eyefi-config.h". Are you patching a clean tree?

Used a clean tree (r1509), applied patch.

It complained about lib/eyefi not exisiting.

Copied files from patch directoy to tree.

In lib/eyefi/sha1.c and lib/eyefi/md5.c

#include "eyefi-config.h"

is used and therefore won't compile.

Can you tell me what I did wrong?
G12 1.00g

« Reply #23 on: 24 / April / 2012, 03:02:45 »
Oh, I see what happened - my development directory has a bit of cruft (including an old eyefi-config.h) left in it, so I didn't notice that there still was a reference to the old file. Thanks for the catch.

In any case, I'm fairly sure the sha1 and md5 files aren't actually used yet, so you might get away with just removing them.

« Reply #24 on: 24 / April / 2012, 03:14:52 »
Oh, I see what happened - my development directory has a bit of cruft (including an old eyefi-config.h) left in it, so I didn't notice that there still was a reference to the old file. Thanks for the catch.

In any case, I'm fairly sure the sha1 and md5 files aren't actually used yet, so you might get away with just removing them.

I removed them and now I have this error.

../lib/eyefi/libeyefi.a(eyefi.o): In function `make_network_key':
eyefi.c:(.text+0x274): undefined reference to `pbkdf2_sha1'
../lib/eyefi/libeyefi.a(eyefi.o): In function `fetch_card_key':
eyefi.c:(.text+0x6c0): undefined reference to `memmove'
../lib/eyefi/libeyefi.a(eyefi.o): In function `fetch_card_firmware_info':
eyefi.c:(.text+0x6f8): undefined reference to `memmove'
../lib/eyefi/libeyefi.a(eyefi.o): In function `fetch_card_mac_address':
eyefi.c:(.text+0x728): undefined reference to `memmove'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

So SHA1 is definitely used but what is memmove?

Do you still have your working copy and can you upload the whole copy to a file share site?
G12 1.00g

« Reply #25 on: 24 / April / 2012, 05:48:24 »
Thing is, that version still doesn't actually do anything particularly useful. So it's not really worth spending much time trying to build it until I release a version that actually does something...

« Reply #26 on: 24 / April / 2012, 07:56:27 »
Thing is, that version still doesn't actually do anything particularly useful. So it's not really worth spending much time trying to build it until I release a version that actually does something...

The point is to help you to get it to work. If you upload it to github then everybody can contribute to making this feature work. Just want to lend a helping hand.
G12 1.00g

« Reply #27 on: 07 / May / 2012, 05:30:03 »
Also one interesting feature that would be nice to have is the ability to delete the uploaded photos.

Endless memory only works when you power cycle. But if we can know what files are uploaded and be able to delete them. It would be very nice!

What do you think?
G12 1.00g

« Reply #28 on: 07 / May / 2012, 09:20:08 »
There is already a fair amount of work done on that feature; an Eye-fi engineer kindly gave me the details on how to query the card for whether a particular file is uploaded or not.

In any case, sorry I've been too busy to get much work done on this of late - but I just got a TX1 (finally!) so I'm motivated to get back into it.

« Reply #29 on: 06 / August / 2013, 12:32:03 »
Are there any updates or newer topics regarding this?  I just bought an Eye-Fi so I'd love for CHDK to be able to use it to its fullest potential.