CHDK Autoboot w/ Eye-Fi - page 4 - General Chat - CHDK Forum

CHDK Autoboot w/ Eye-Fi

• 34 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: CHDK Autoboot w/ Eye-Fi
« Reply #30 on: 11 / August / 2008, 04:06:17 »
Advertisements
You might also be able to boot and then swap cards. edit: doh, I should read the title :)

Someone in this thread reported using eye-fi with CHDK Deleting images with interval shooting
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: CHDK delete files w/ Eye-Fi
« Reply #31 on: 12 / November / 2008, 05:23:59 »
Hi Guys,
I'm new to CDHK, and recently bought the eye-fi explorer.  Nice card seems to work well.  I had to file a notch to write protect to get the CDHK to work.  Just compared with a card with write protect and used a small file to take off the plastic to match the notch, seems to work fine.
What I would really like is a delete yesterdays files code, or delete files after 60 minutes.
The most frustrating thing with the eye-fi card is that you don't know if the files have transfered if you are roaming.  if you are in a fixed location where you now you have wifi, then no problem with file transfers.

Any pointers on file delete.  I guess I'm really looking for completed script I can load onto my eye-fi card.
Camera is SD870 IS, just love the wide angle.
Looking for a good cannon with nightshot that is CDHK able?
thks

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #32 on: 12 / November / 2008, 14:50:47 »
See the link in reyalp's post above. See his scripts, but also follow to the "preliminary lua iolib and oslib port" thread, where you can find that since writing those scripts, he's given birth to the stat function (given a file name and path, it will give information such as file creation date that you can use to decide which ones are to be removed) and directory listing (which you can use to find filenames to stat), all available in the latest nightly builds.

« Reply #33 on: 12 / November / 2008, 17:03:40 »
Hi Guys, I'm new to CDHK, and recently bought the eye-fi explorer.  Nice card seems to work well. 

Raid2,
Perhaps you could run the Benchmark and add your results to the wiki: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Benchmarks. The benchmark needs to be done twice (ignore results from first run).

Which would give us real data - fbonomi said the cards are too slow for video:

Interesting comment from Eye-Fi: Eye-Fi Announces Explore, Share and Home Models
The recording speed of the card is lousy, and won't record video from my Panasonic TZ5 camera. Eye-fi marketing and customer service are deliberately vague about the recording speed of the card. In response to inquiries about the writing speed, all they will say is "We do not share the information about the Eye-Fi Card's specific read/write speeds. I can tell you that our card is on par with the speed of basic consumer SD cards on the market." If they didn't fix this... I wouldn't recommend the eye-fi for anyone who wants to record video.

« Reply #34 on: 03 / November / 2009, 10:13:35 »
I successfully modified the card using a Dremel to make the notch. Just make sure to write protect the card you use as a template so the notch is in the right spot. Unfortunately, I can not seem to unprotect the card with tape (not a big deal right now).

I posted some benchmark data under SD630 for the 2GB Eye-Fi card...
                     Speed (Kb/s)
   SD-card model, size          Write    Write      Write      Read
                     (RAW)    (Mem)    (64k)      (64k)
      Eye-Fi Share, 2GB (FAT16)     1854     1914     396      5936