Totally Off-Topic Alert! - General Chat - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Totally Off-Topic Alert!

• 8 Replies
Totally Off-Topic Alert!
« on: 01 / March / 2008, 04:47:42 »
Advertisements
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 13:12:24 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline a710is

• A710 IS
Re: Totally Off-Topic Alert! -- DIY DTV Antenna
« Reply #1 on: 01 / March / 2008, 06:52:46 »
even more offtopic: you're making us curious to see how it is where you live. :) . maybe you'd like to upload some pics :)

« Reply #2 on: 01 / March / 2008, 12:34:49 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 13:12:43 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Pseudo Infrared in Spring :)
« Reply #3 on: 01 / April / 2008, 10:46:49 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 13:13:04 by Barney Fife »

« Reply #4 on: 01 / April / 2008, 11:47:12 »
Do you guys in the US have a type of 'FreeSat' like in the UK?  If we are unable to get a digital TV signal via our roof arial, we can get a satelite dish and set-top box to get all the usual channels via Satelite.  Might be worth trying before you go making a super antenna!! :)  Or is the super antenna the whole idea, rather than a tiny little dish!?!!

I lived in Bozeman, Montana for a year, a few years ago, and those pics remind me of there.  It was so much fun!! Snow from November till April, yay!!!
PS 570IS User
EOS 350D/XT User

« Reply #5 on: 01 / April / 2008, 17:31:58 »
As I understand it and it is not publicized. The broadcast of DTV has a max range of 30 to 40 miles. where the current VHF and UHF is twice as far, 60 to 80 miles. Have you found this to be different Barney

« Reply #6 on: 01 / April / 2008, 19:53:45 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 13:13:25 by Barney Fife »

Offline wontolla

• S3 & G9 & A720
« Reply #7 on: 02 / April / 2008, 10:14:57 »

(Democracy died a long time ago in the USA...
Funny. A totally off topic post inside a totally off topic thread. :haha

« Reply #8 on: 02 / April / 2008, 10:35:16 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 13:13:47 by Barney Fife »