Motion detection birds shots - page 2 - Creative Uses of CHDK - CHDK Forum

Motion detection birds shots

• 83 Replies
Re: Motion detection birds shots
« Reply #10 on: 12 / April / 2008, 08:04:25 »
Advertisements
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 17:25:38 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline yvesson

• A540 SX10IS
    • poll about some pics (not much serious) ^^
« Reply #11 on: 12 / April / 2008, 08:11:56 »
Hej,
Oh thanks but here is quiet about eagles ^^
I fear more those birds who hit trees very fast, I think my camera wouldn't like that. ^^

Oh and for now I won't change much more settings... This morning I increased the threshold to 15 and it took way less pics without bird (in fact only when I placed and removed the cam).
Got 2 more series of the same kinda bird, will upload then this afternoon, or tonight prolly (well I noticed one or two very good pic, no need to upload all of them to have the same kinda pic). The last serie the bird came too close (I suppose) and then is blurry (not sure if it's to close for focus or too close = moving too fast, could have been a cloud too at this time increasing the shutter speed).
But my method reallly works well and I wouldn't have thought I could get a 6-7 pic serie within 10 mins ^^
Oh and it took pic every 3-4s which is fine, I may make an animated gif or something out of the blurry serie.

Offline yvesson

• A540 SX10IS
« Reply #12 on: 18 / April / 2008, 08:11:40 »
Hej,
New bird came !

Didn't change the settings much, though here I let f2.8 forced and seems enough. ISO 100 (cloudy here :/)
Just this bird is shy compared to blue tit and needed more days to came.
« Last Edit: 19 / April / 2008, 16:25:47 by yvesson »

« Reply #13 on: 18 / April / 2008, 10:56:07 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 17:26:01 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline yvesson

• A540 SX10IS
« Reply #14 on: 18 / April / 2008, 11:00:43 »
I'd be shy too around a bunch of blue tits.

(C'mon, *someone* had to say that. :D )

Hej,
Some great tits also came, but the pics not too good/sharp. :/
But my friend's site got great tits already, but didn't require CHDK (check chainmail bra galeries pic 7 or so. ^^).

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #15 on: 18 / April / 2008, 11:16:43 »
So.where are the highspeed flash chdk pics of that bird flashing? ;)

« Reply #16 on: 18 / April / 2008, 11:42:25 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 17:26:28 by Barney Fife »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #17 on: 18 / April / 2008, 11:48:21 »
actually its funny that the native english speaking dude gets to make the joke about birds who are called like, well, something totally different :D to me as a native german speaking dude, it was new up to now that these birds are called tits in english. so i thought you americans are quiete used to that kinda jokes by now :D

« Reply #18 on: 18 / April / 2008, 12:00:18 »
So why are your tits, I mean birds so out of focus? Is the script taking focus before shooting, or is it using the start focus?

« Reply #19 on: 18 / April / 2008, 17:26:57 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 17:26:48 by Barney Fife »