A490 Porting - page 21 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

A490 Porting

• 224 Replies

JEM3

Re: A490 Porting
« Reply #200 on: 30 / July / 2012, 14:23:24 »
Advertisements
someone please check in waterwingz build whether the camera crashes if you change the "show temperature" setting in the osd menu to "battery" ?
https://www.box.com/s/27e7b0e001b2ebcff7f9

Is there any changes in the build since the one I most recently tested? That is, is this link posted on the forum so there is a wider audience to test the same build or has there been changes. Ahhh..version control ;| .
I have not downloaded again - so same version as I commented on just previously.

I checked the OSD for battery temperature. Both C and F display of Battery Temp crash the camera. Optical and CCD temperature work fine.
« Last Edit: 30 / July / 2012, 14:26:23 by JEM3 »

« Reply #201 on: 30 / July / 2012, 14:26:32 »
someone please check in waterwingz build whether the camera crashes if you change the "show temperature" setting in the osd menu to "battery" ?
I checked the OSD for battery temperature. Both C and F display of Battery Temp crash the camera. Optical and CCD temperature work fine.

Looks like you do have the latest version - which means the battery temp code is broken as reyalp suspected.

Thanks for looking at it.

@reyalp :  do you want to just change those NHSTUBs back to nulsub or would you prefer that I submit a new patch file ?
« Last Edit: 30 / July / 2012, 15:38:02 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

« Reply #202 on: 30 / July / 2012, 15:55:20 »
@reyalp :  do you want to just change those NHSTUBs back to nulsub or would you prefer that I submit a new patch file ?
I will fix it to send -99 like the other cameras which have this problem. No need for a new patch.

I strongly suspect that a495 suffers the same issue.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

JEM3

« Reply #203 on: 31 / July / 2012, 00:49:53 »
FYI - I accidentally discovered this:
In 'Play' mode, either initial startup or returning from 'record' mode with a long press on the 'play' button - NOT in 'Alt' mode. A Remote pulse no longer initiates a USB 'computer' connection.

Now
one press of remote -> advance to next pic
two quick presses of remote -> change review direction. i.e. if you were stepping up pic 1,2,3, and were viewing pic 3, a double press will show pic 2. An additional single press will show pic 1.

Its similar to right and left buttons, but one press is next (in current direction) and two presses is change direction. An interesting feature. Particularly if used by a script that can remotely change between 'play' and 'record'. Could be used to review pics that have been taken in an inaccessible spot (i.e. nature photography) by a motion detecting script.

Jim:)

« Reply #204 on: 09 / August / 2012, 06:45:12 »
I'm a total newbie at this and was hoping to get some direction. I have an A490 (100d firmware) with an Eye-Fi card. All I want to do is to get the camera to snap a photo when I quickly press and release the remote (5v) USB switch but can't seem to get it to work. Thank you in advance  :)

« Reply #205 on: 09 / August / 2012, 08:48:11 »
All I want to do is to get the camera to snap a photo when I quickly press and release the remote (5v) USB switch but can't seem to get it to work.
We are going to need a little more information before we can help.

1) Can you get CHDK to load and run ? If not, describe the process you used to install CHDK on your SD card and what happens when you start your camera.
2) What release / version of CHDK are you using ?  ( the complete filename of the zip file is the easiest way to get this - otherwise try to copy the infortaion you see on the CHDK logo when the camera starts.
3) If you can get CHDK to run,   describe how you setup the USB remote setting.
4) Describe your USB remote hardware.

With that information,  it should be lot easier to provide some help.

« Reply #206 on: 09 / August / 2012, 19:09:09 »
1) Yes, CHDK will run.
1.a) Plug USB remote into camera
1.b) turn on camera (defaults to shooting mode)
1.c) press play button to go into playback mode
1.d) press menu button > scroll to "firm update..."
1.e) press "func. set" button
1.f) confirm update from 1.0.0.0 to 1.1.0.0 by choosing "OK" and pressing the "func. set" button
1.g) CHDK loads
1.h) press mode button to switch to (P) shooting mode (using "Program" mode so I can lock the focus with "AF Lock".)
1.i) half press shutter and left button to lock focus.
1.j) quick press/release 2x USB remote button > camera snaps photo (would like to snap photo with just one press/release of USB remote button)
1.k) press "func. set" button > load script from file > choose "ONECLICK.LUA"
1.k.1) Code for "ONECLICK.LUA" : click("shoot_full")
1.l) quick press/release 1x USB remote button > camera snaps photo - YAY!
====
NOTE: if step "1.i" is skipped, quick press/release USB remote button > camera focuses > long hold press/release, quick press/release > camera makes a photo snap sound, lens remains out, display goes black. Press/release power button, display shows what lens "sees" CHDK un-loaded, start over at step "1.b".
====
2) a490-100d-1.1.0-full-July-29-2012.zip
2.a) BUILD INFO: CHDK Ver 1.0.0-1925, Revision 0, Date Jun 19 2012, Time 07:05:32, Camera a490, FW Ver 100d, Compiler GCC 4.4.3
3) See 1 above.
4) Built a USB bus-powered remote cable as described at: "http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/USB_Remote_Cable"

« Reply #207 on: 09 / August / 2012, 19:09:48 »
My main problem is that I can't get CHDK to load automatically. The way I understand it, the SD card needs to be locked for CHDK to load automatically. When I lock the Eye-Fi card, I can't snap any photos because the card is locked.

« Reply #208 on: 09 / August / 2012, 19:28:04 »
2.a) BUILD INFO: CHDK Ver 1.0.0-1925, Revision 0, Date Jun 19 2012, Time 07:05:32, Camera a490, FW Ver 100d, Compiler GCC 4.4.3
2) a490-100d-1.1.0-full-July-29-2012.zip
Looks like you have not loaded the zip file you quote above on your camera ? The camera is telling you that you have an older version loaded. 

In any case, you probably want to download the most recent stable version of CHDK.  The whole USB remote experience is much nicer - trust me on that one ?
« Last Edit: 09 / August / 2012, 19:30:30 by waterwingz »

« Reply #209 on: 09 / August / 2012, 19:33:57 »
My main problem is that I can't get CHDK to load automatically. The way I understand it, the SD card needs to be locked for CHDK to load automatically. When I lock the Eye-Fi card, I can't snap any photos because the card is locked.
Unless I've missed something, others have CHDK loading automatically from an Eye-Fi card.   So I suspect you are missing something in how you setup the card.   If you do the same process with a normal SD card, do you have the same problem ?

The best source for how to setup your SD card ( eye-fi or otherwise ) is here :
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card#For_cameras_released_before_2011_:

How big is the card  (1G, 2G, 4G or 8G etc) ?