SX420 IS port

• 95 Replies

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
Re: SX420 IS port
« Reply #30 on: 21 / November / 2018, 12:39:47 »
Advertisements
New test build with the new COLORMATRIX1 from IXUS 175, for the better colors in the Raw (dng) files.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #31 on: 22 / November / 2018, 00:09:13 »
I checked in the patch.

A few comments:
This camera probably needs CAM_AV_OVERRIDE_IRIS_FIX and the associated semaphore in init_required_fw_features

The symptom of this that AV bracketing in continuous mode doesn't work, but based on other recent cameras just implementing without checking that it's needed should be fine.

I see all the  CAM_SD_OVER_IN defines are set. Have SD overrides been tested?

The DNG active area should be set. A procedure for finding it described at the end of https://app.assembla.com/spaces/chdkptp/wiki/DNG_Processing
I can do this if someone uploads a sample DNG.

I'd suggest adding the WIFI button as an option for alt on cameras where it's a stand-alone button, since it's likely to be rarely used in normal shooting.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
« Reply #32 on: 22 / November / 2018, 03:36:33 »
I checked in the patch.

A few comments:
This camera probably needs CAM_AV_OVERRIDE_IRIS_FIX and the associated semaphore in init_required_fw_features

The symptom of this that AV bracketing in continuous mode doesn't work, but based on other recent cameras just implementing without checking that it's needed should be fine.

The DNG active area should be set. A procedure for finding it described at the end of https://app.assembla.com/spaces/chdkptp/wiki/DNG_Processing

I'd suggest adding the WIFI button as an option for alt on cameras where it's a stand-alone button, since it's likely to be rarely used in normal shooting.
Thanks!
Everything will be added in a separate patch.
I've sent private messages to known users for dng file and mftest.lua script.

« Reply #33 on: 22 / November / 2018, 08:54:04 »
I checked in the patch.

A few comments:

Thanks!
Everything will be added in a separate patch.
I've sent private messages to known users for dng file and mftest.lua script.

Hi!
I apologise for not being able to help with testing recently. I have however attached the DNG file and the result of the mftest.lua script. The DNG file is of a picture of the sky, hopefully that's bright enough. Let me know otherwise, or if there is anything else I can do to help at this moment.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vDnzW32jEQP2XIP398CeTlbeZKibUwvl/view?usp=sharing (link to DNG file on Google Drive)

Cheers!

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
« Reply #34 on: 22 / November / 2018, 11:15:15 »
Hi!
I apologise for not being able to help with testing recently. I have however attached the DNG file and the result of the mftest.lua script. The DNG file is of a picture of the sky, hopefully that's bright enough. Let me know otherwise, or if there is anything else I can do to help at this moment.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vDnzW32jEQP2XIP398CeTlbeZKibUwvl/view?usp=sharing (link to DNG file on Google Drive)

Cheers!
Thanks for testing.
It seems that camera allows SD override only when AFL or MF is set.

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
« Reply #35 on: 19 / April / 2020, 05:15:16 »
We need one of the users to test one change that is necessary for the proper functioning of the CHDK for this camera.
The behavior of the POWER (on / off) and PLAY buttons should be checked.
The power up behavior depends on the button used:
- Playback (PLAY) button pressed, camera should start in playback mode.
- POWER (on / off) button pressed for less than a second, camera should start in playback mode.
- POWER (on / off) button pressed for more than a second, camera should start in record mode, with extended lens.
A test version of CHDK is attached.

« Reply #36 on: 19 / April / 2020, 13:29:27 »
I first tested my current build and it did not work as you mention.  The new build worked exactly as you specify.

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
« Reply #37 on: 19 / April / 2020, 16:25:02 »
I first tested my current build and it did not work as you mention.  The new build worked exactly as you specify.
Thanks for checking.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #38 on: 19 / April / 2020, 17:54:56 »
Thanks for checking.
Thanks to both of you, fix committed.

« Reply #39 on: 08 / August / 2020, 14:01:30 »
It works and is great!
I'm using the sx420is-100a-1.5.0-pwr_on_test-full_PREALPHA with FW Upgrade option.
Thank you all!

Dan