Testing some - perhaps many - cams with CHDKPTP - page 5 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

Testing some - perhaps many - cams with CHDKPTP

• 122 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: Testing some - perhaps many - cams with CHDKPTP
« Reply #40 on: 19 / September / 2019, 00:23:22 »
Advertisements
Here's a test build for ixus90 ixus95

For ixus110_sd960, can you try the following using the trunk build
Code: [Select]
chdkptp -c -e"exec require'camtests'.run('xferbug_0x1f5')"
« Last Edit: 19 / September / 2019, 15:14:02 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline koshy

« Reply #41 on: 19 / September / 2019, 06:12:58 »
This appears to be a permission denied error for the local file on your PC, not the camera. It basically means fopen failed, which is weird. I'm not sure why this would happen, but if there's anything unusual about the filesystem where the test it running it would be good to know.
This turned out to be nuts. "Y" is a physical drive, not a network share, I added folder permissions User:Everyone "Full Control" and I tested from an elevated command shell. Nothing should deny anything you'd think. Then I figured let's ged rid of file system complexity and copy the whole stuff onto a FAT32 drive. No permissions. Tested, same effect.
Guess what... If the folder is folded out in a Windows explorer as in the attached screenshot and Windows explorer thus shows the "camtest" sub folder upon creation stuff fails. If the folder is folded shut, no problem. Bless'em...

This was the quick test:
chdkptp -e"exec require'camtests'.runbatch{filexfer=true}" > cam.txt 2>&1
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

« Reply #42 on: 19 / September / 2019, 06:42:14 »
Here's a test build for ixus90

For ixus110_sd960, can you try the following using the trunk build
chdkptp -c -e"exec require'camtests'.run('xferbug_0x1f5')"
Attached...
Note: Where you wrote i90 you meant i95
« Last Edit: 19 / September / 2019, 08:20:04 by koshy »
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #43 on: 19 / September / 2019, 15:01:27 »
Guess what... If the folder is folded out in a Windows explorer as in the attached screenshot and Windows explorer thus shows the "camtest" sub folder upon creation stuff fails. If the folder is folded shut, no problem. Bless'em...
:haha :o
Thanks for tracking that down. Annoying but at least it makes sense in a windowsy sort of way. chdkptp just uses standard C library calls, so I doubt there's an easy workaround.

Note: Where you wrote i90 you meant i95
Oops your right, thanks. Double checked, i95 is the camera I wanted to test, so I didn't build the wrong one.

Offline koshy

« Reply #44 on: 21 / September / 2019, 10:34:43 »
Here are two that have something else in common that could be fixed...
I just noticed that they do not shoot DNG on Quick Shutter release: i135 and a2600

Offline koshy

« Reply #45 on: 21 / September / 2019, 10:37:14 »
i160 passed all. Three others passed all except the re-connect item

Offline koshy

« Reply #46 on: 21 / September / 2019, 10:37:38 »
re-connect again

Offline koshy

« Reply #47 on: 21 / September / 2019, 12:00:11 »
:haha :o
Thanks for tracking that down. Annoying but at least it makes sense in a windowsy sort of way. chdkptp just uses standard C library calls, so I doubt there's an easy workaround.
... there does be an easy workaround, y'know. Close the window :haha :o But seriously, you could get the temp directory (e.g. https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/filesystem/temp_directory_path) and create the test files in there. That will much less likely be open in a user's Explorer Window like happened here...

Offline reyalp

« Reply #48 on: 21 / September / 2019, 20:36:18 »
For i95, did the test build crash? If so, can you please post the romlog.

And can you confirm ixus110 does crash with the test build in https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13893.msg141410#msg141410

Finally, with stock trunk build, can you test the following on both ixus95 and ixus110
chdkptp -c -e='exec require"extras/msgtest".test{noscript=true,size=442357,sizeinc=512,count=600,verbose=0}'

The result so far are confusing:
  • Some cameras similar generation to D10 (Dry 31, Digic IV, released in 2009) have the 0x23f4 bug, as expected.
  • The workaround that appears to completely fix the bug on D10 (CAM_PTP_USE_NATIVE_BUFFER, using uncached memory from the camera native PTP buffer) seems to work on ixus100, but on ixus95 and ixus110, triggers another bug that fails the 0x1f5 test.
  • The original 0x1f5 bug should already be fixed on all cams.
  • One of the 0x1f5 tests picks the range based on free memory (because without CAM_PTP_USE_NATIVE_BUFFER it has to hit near a multiple of the CHDK buffer size, which is half of free RAM), so doesn't cover the same range on every camera (or every run) but the same ranges that failed on ixus95 and ixus110 pass on d10.
  • The result in https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13893.msg141458#msg141458 suggests the trunk build of ixus110 (without  CAM_PTP_USE_NATIVE_BUFFER) doesn't suffer the same problem
  • Ixus200 is DryOS 39, Digic IV, 2009. It does not have the 0x23f4 bug, but failed the 0x1f5 test using stock code. CAM_PTP_USE_NATIVE_BUFFER appears to have resolved this (but it could maybe be due to different free memory sizes).

0x23f4 bug = https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=4338.1150 (et seq)
0x1f5 bug = https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=4338.msg140577#msg140577, fix https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=4338.msg140829#msg140829

But seriously, you could get the temp directory (e.g. https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/filesystem/temp_directory_path) and create the test files in there.
That's true, and would be good for other reasons too. Though OTOH in general, it's unreasonable to expect chdkptp file operations to always happen in temp

Offline koshy

« Reply #49 on: 22 / September / 2019, 11:14:56 »
I fear I'll make a mess of the roman numerals in the filenames... Posting as created.
They won't necessarily integrate into the whole set of *.txt files, I'll update that later...

For i95, did the test build crash? If so, can you please post the romlog.
I believe that I would have posted a ROMLOG if it had crashed but the truth is I don't remember. So, I retested things with the test builds you posted for i95 and i110. Neither crashed. Attaching logs

Even though i110 says
ERROR: Could not close session!
it stayed responsive after the test completed.

... to be continued