ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread - page 12 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread

• 899 Replies
Re: ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #110 on: 06 / November / 2011, 18:20:18 »
Advertisements
What is the current state of this port? I really want some of the manual features CHDK offers, since there is few built in (no manual focus, etc)

Also, is there anyway someone with no coding experience could aid in the porting process?
I know its frustrating waiting,  here's a note from the CHDK wiki about how things work : CHDK FAQ : My camera isn't ported yet

Read the part towards the bottom about helping with testing.  When I ported the G10,  the volunteers who worked with me doing beta testing were the difference between a solid result and a bad hack.  Some of them put a lot of effort into helping me get it right even though they were not able to help with the actual coding.

« Last Edit: 06 / November / 2011, 18:21:52 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #111 on: 06 / November / 2011, 18:33:04 »
Note: I've asked the forum moderator to move this conversation to the ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread.

I use win xp a card formatted in FAT 32 from 4 GMB I've copied the file into strings and primary and there are no other files or photos
  I put the card into the camera is not locked I turned on the camera by pressing the play button poiil func to set until the clock does not start and I stop here ...
Okay, lets take it from here :

1) Formatted FAT32 is fine - although a 4G card can be formatted FAT16 and will be able to use the "SD Card Lock" boot method in the future.

2) Please post a link to exactly which file you copied ?   Typically you have to unzip an archive file into the root of the SD card.

3) What do you mean by "strings and primary" ?  Those are not directories you would normally find on an SD card holding CHDK.

4) I'm not following what happens after you put the card into the camera.   You press the play button and nothing happens ?  Or the camera starts up normally ?   If it starts up normally do you go to the Canon menus and look for the firmware update menu item ?  Do you see it ?  If so, what happens when you select it ?

« Reply #112 on: 06 / November / 2011, 20:06:52 »
Hello I'm new I just got a sx220 software ixus Canon IXUS 220HS 101c I would like to shoot in raw I tried to load on a 4 GB CF files Hi!
I dumped the firmware IXUS 220 HS 101A
8 MB dump: ixus220hs_elph300hs_101a.7z

unzip it and put in the director's main 32-bit formatted cf.

I put the camera in and push play cf unprotected lights tells me no picture and then I press func set until the clock that appears at this point I do not know what to do does not give me the chance to upload the firmware as I do? ??
I can not find the option to update the firmware.
Thanks for the help if you can

This is not going to work for you !

If I understand this correctly,  you are not actually  loading CHDK by this process.  The file you reference is a dump of the firmware from a IXUS220 camera.   There is no reason to try and reload this into your camera - it is not CHDK.

You need to load a CHDK distribution file - which is not available from the official channel and not available as a beta version from what I can tell.  You will have to wait until somebody develops and releases CHDK fro the IXUS220HS.

« Last Edit: 06 / November / 2011, 20:15:27 by waterwingz »

« Reply #113 on: 07 / November / 2011, 10:08:17 »
ill put my hand up for testing if anyone is still actively developing for this camera model.

« Reply #114 on: 07 / November / 2011, 14:35:27 »
Thanks I understand now I hope that will be implemented the software for this machine which is equipped with the new CMOS sensor that seems to give excellent retroinluminato risultati.peccato that the file that generates the machine is very compressed propio I'd like to see how it works with the raw.Ringrazio all for the quick help and I am waiting for someone to develop;-)

« Reply #115 on: 07 / November / 2011, 14:51:29 »
ill put my hand up for testing if anyone is still actively developing for this camera model.

Same here. Anything to help along the full release.

Offline sush

• ixus220 300hs firmware 1.01c
« Reply #116 on: 18 / November / 2011, 19:23:07 »
Hello folks,

I have recently purchased this camera and am very interested in seeing a port completed.  I have noticed some attempts and some departures from these attempts.   Although I am quite new to chdk porting, I thought I would give it a shot.  There has been a wealth of information in this thread from very knowledgeable people.   I would rate my skill level in programming to be low.

So far,  I have done the following:

- got the gcc ARM cross compiler working
- downloaded the chdk source tree.  I have noticed that the structure is a bit different than discussed early in this thread.  I am using a linux environment.
- dumped the camera firmware.  I believe I have 1.01c since the exif in the jpgs says 1.01 revision 3.00
- created a structure under "platform" and "loader" for ixus220_elph300hs by copying the sx220hs structure.
- added my PRIMARY.BIN to the sub/101c folder in this new tree
- started changing "platform_camera.h" just to get things to compile.   I know the resultant binary is garbage but I just wanted to see if the compilation would happen.

what I still need to do is:

- get a disassembler going.  I'm looking at the alternatives to IDA since I can't purchase that.

problems so far:

- I thought that stubs_entry.S would be automatically generated but all I see is a zero-length file.  Not quite sure what I need to get this populated.

-sush.

« Reply #117 on: 18 / November / 2011, 20:53:54 »
what I still need to do is: - get a disassembler going.  I'm looking at the alternatives to IDA since I can't purchase that.
Maybe somebody with IDA can print out a LST file of a dissassembly for you ?  With a good editor,  that would take you a long way.

Alternatively,  CHDK-PT seems to run on Linux under Wine.  I've only used it that way a few times so bug reports will be appreciated.

- I thought that stubs_entry.S would be automatically generated but all I see is a zero-length file.  Not quite sure what I need to get this populated.
It should.  How far did your compile get ?  Were you able to produce a diskboot.bin file ?

« Last Edit: 18 / November / 2011, 20:59:33 by waterwingz »

Offline sush

• ixus220 300hs firmware 1.01c
« Reply #118 on: 18 / November / 2011, 20:58:09 »
It would be great of CHDK-PT worked under wine - would surely make things easier.

Yes, a diskboot.bin file was produced.   

« Reply #119 on: 18 / November / 2011, 21:01:04 »
It would be great of CHDK-PT worked under wine - would surely make things easier.
Tried it (again .. been a while).  It does.
Yes, a diskboot.bin file was produced.   
Hmmm ... seems unlikely you would get that far with an empty stubs_entry.S file ...