A1000IS porting... - page 19 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

A1000IS porting...

• 297 Replies
Re: A1000IS porting...
« Reply #180 on: 02 / November / 2009, 22:14:01 »
Advertisements
dang... so... ummm.... abandoned?

darn it.  not that i would have done a lot with it but it would have been cool to play around with the hack.

jin

Offline EyP3

« Reply #181 on: 06 / November / 2009, 09:53:02 »
Well, most of the features work, just not RAW format or USB.
You will find the info for downloading the software in this thread.
Cheers,
Norbert

« Reply #182 on: 06 / November / 2009, 18:48:06 »
sweet.

i already got it downloaded.  i'm waiting on a ship of some rechargeable batteries but i'll be trying it out soon - hopefully this weekend.

but has all development stopped?  cuz i can do without USB but RAW would be nice.

jin

p.s. Oh!  and what firmware should i be using?  the b version listed on the wiki page?  thanks.

Well, most of the features work, just not RAW format or USB.
You will find the info for downloading the software in this thread.
Cheers,
Norbert
« Last Edit: 06 / November / 2009, 18:51:50 by jinchoung »

Offline EyP3

« Reply #183 on: 08 / November / 2009, 06:50:22 »
You can check the firmware of your cam with this method:
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ   'Q. How can I get the original firmware version number of my camera?'
Most probably it will be rev. B

You will need to download 'diskboot.bin'  from this thread, be sure to be logged in.
Cheers,
Norbert

« Reply #184 on: 08 / November / 2009, 18:26:42 »
thanks norbert.

i have a 1.00b and CHDK is running beautifully.

noticing some funky things - like aperture priority seems stuck at f8 but when i'm on shutter priority, the aperture drifts freely to 2.7 or 5.6 etc..... o read the posts about the ND filter limiting aperture choice but then it's a mystery to me that the aperture is being shown to have as wide a variety as is being reported on my after shot info.

oh and i haven't tried scripts yet.  any info about that?  do they work?  in particular, the intervalometer and motion detection scripts (yes, i want to shoot lightning dammit! : ) ) are of interest to me.  if no info available, no prob.  will just try it!

thanks much for help and keeping this thread from just going totally dark!

jin

Offline EyP3

« Reply #185 on: 08 / November / 2009, 18:47:35 »
That's great!
I have found no reliable way to switch to 2.7 aperture. It seems that the camera decides on itself, depending on the incoming light from the lens. You can check this when approaching a bright light with the cam, at a certain point the ND filter will kick in. The variation on the aperture value depends on the zoom level. More zoom means less light and the aperture values get corrected for that. Just calculated data. Nothing more. The basic scripts work nicely, e.g. intervalometer is fine. Motion detection I did not try. Please tell us if it worked.
Norbert

Offline reyalp

« Reply #186 on: 08 / November / 2009, 19:12:37 »
I would expect that the a1000 does not actually have an adjustable iris. In general, if canon does not include an Av mode, then the camera does not have one. The aperture is only determined by the zoom (and the ND filter applies a fake modifier to that in the exif info)
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline EyP3

« Reply #187 on: 08 / November / 2009, 19:36:56 »
That's correct, the A1000 has no adjustable iris, only the ND filter. It's still annoying that the ND filter cannot be switched off on purpose.  At least I found no reliable way to do it.
Norbert

« Reply #188 on: 09 / November / 2009, 00:54:46 »
aha!  so the varying aperture values are only estimated values based on lens focal length!

doh... that was vexing the f out of me today... wanted to open wide to try to get some nice shallow focus shots (though the small image sensor conspires against it) but there was just no way to DETERMINE the aperture.  it just did what it wanted.

can get pretty good bokeh if i switched to macro though... but the subject couldn't be too far away then....

thanks and will let you know if the motion detector script works.

jin

« Reply #189 on: 09 / November / 2009, 19:21:25 »
Has anyone successfully gotten SDHC to work with this version?  I've correctly partitioned my 8GB SD card (FAT16/FAT32), but I receive the 'card locked' message.
« Last Edit: 09 / November / 2009, 19:28:55 by peter »