IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread - page 11 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread

• 678 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: IXUS 100 IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780 IS - Porting Thread
« Reply #100 on: 24 / September / 2009, 17:32:19 »
Advertisements
I never use face detection, and still menu disappears. BTW. it's a minor problem, as the menu is still there, just needs to be redisplayed - ex. by up/down button.
This is normal on all CHDK ports. A canon screen update erases the CHDK display.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #101 on: 28 / September / 2009, 21:36:49 »
@quikee & @mstawick -

I'm trying to understand the Ev bug you reported. 

If "fast Ev switch" is enabled the Ev switching is bound to the same values as self timer (down).

Do you mean that when "fast Ev switch" is enabled that you cannot use it when you are using the self timer in CHDK or in the regular canon firmware?  My experience seems to indicate that it does work but is awkward.  IE, the up button brings up the timer screen.   I tried it out and despite bringing up the timer screen it does actually move the Ev setting.

Is this your suggestion that it's most a usability bug then a functional bug?  I agree if that is what you are saying.

I think I will make the Ev quick change <alt>+zoom instead as suggested but want to make certain there is not a different bug.

Self timer is not recognized as continuous mode which makes it unusable for bracketing.

Can you expand on this.  I'm new to CHDK functions and I don't know what this really means.  If you walk me thru what you did and why its wrong that would be great.

Bracketing doesn't work with custom timer. It does work with manual continuous shooting same as quikee (2),

This too.  I'm not certain.

Once I better understand I'll either fix the underlying issue or move the +/- bracketing to the <alt>+zoom.

Thanks,
Harpo
Canon Models - SD300, SD780, & SX210

Offline reyalp

« Reply #102 on: 28 / September / 2009, 21:44:17 »
Bracketing doesn't work with custom timer. It does work with manual continuous shooting same as quikee (2),

This too.  I'm not certain.

Once I better understand I'll either fix the underlying issue or move the +/- bracketing to the <alt>+zoom.
This may be similar to the sx200, where the propcases values used in each case have changed slightly. See the recent sx200 related checkins
http://tools.assembla.com/chdk/changeset/804 change to generic/shooting.c and core/raw.c
and
http://tools.assembla.com/chdk/changeset/805

If this is the case, please make a note of it on the wiki http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Propertycase

edit: this is discussed in the sx200 thread starting around page 27 http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,3994.390.html but it's mixed with a lot of other stuff ;)
« Last Edit: 28 / September / 2009, 21:46:32 by reyalp »

« Reply #103 on: 29 / September / 2009, 01:29:24 »
@reyalp

Does 102 only change while shooting?  223 follows as documented for the SX200.  102 changes I cannot see on screen but a dump of all propertyCase values during the shooting shows the 102 property becoming 1 at times.  Is this what the SX200 does?

Harpo

Offline reyalp

« Reply #104 on: 29 / September / 2009, 02:16:35 »
Does 102 only change while shooting?  223 follows as documented for the SX200.  102 changes I cannot see on screen but a dump of all propertyCase values during the shooting shows the 102 property becoming 1 at times.  Is this what the SX200 does?
I'm not sure, I don't own a propset 2 camera.

« Reply #105 on: 29 / September / 2009, 04:34:32 »
@Harpo

Is this your suggestion that it's most a usability bug then a functional bug?  I agree if that is what you are saying.

Yes - it's a usability bug. When you press 'down' button to decrease Ev, also the timer menu appears. Then you have to wait for menu to dissappear before further decreasing Ev, otherwise you set timer on. So it becomes slow Ev switching rather than fast :)

Self timer is not recognized as continuous mode which makes it unusable for bracketing.

Can you expand on this.  I'm new to CHDK functions and I don't know what this really means.  If you walk me thru what you did and why its wrong that would be great.

CHDK has a function of auto bracketing - when it is set, and you are shooting in continuous mode (literally - canon menu gives you choice between 'Single shot' and 'Continuous') the following shots get different shot params, ex. Ev. Lets say first shot gets Ev=0, second Ev=+1, third Ev=-1. Now this works when you set the camera to shoot in 'Continuous' mode and hold the trigger by yourself. It would be nice if it also worked for timer set to take ex. 3 pictures. I hope I managed to explain the case.

« Reply #106 on: 29 / September / 2009, 11:50:14 »
hello.

i have firmware version 1.00B... is it possible to mount the actual chdk version? i tried with formating a 4gb sdhc-card, copying diskboot.bin and ps.fi2 in the root of the card, started my cam with the play button, menu and then firmware update.so far so good, but when i press "ok" for the firmware update, my cam turns black and responds only when i remove the battery.

another question: do i have to copy the chdk folder on the card?

edit: i dont use a mac...
« Last Edit: 29 / September / 2009, 11:51:59 by hektor »

« Reply #107 on: 29 / September / 2009, 12:26:52 »
@hektor
See the earlier posts in this thread. This version will not work for you, but if you manage to dump the firmware, I think that Harpo said that he might make required changes.

« Reply #108 on: 29 / September / 2009, 17:33:30 »
unfortunately i dont have the knowledge and time to do this. otherwise i would dump immediately...

« Reply #109 on: 29 / September / 2009, 17:44:53 »
Sadly without someone with 1.00B dumping the firmware it will never be supported.  (Or sending their camera to me...LOL)