supplierdeeply

SX420 IS port

• 95 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: SX420 IS port
« Reply #40 on: 08 / August / 2020, 14:52:16 »
Advertisements
It works and is great!
I'm using the sx420is-100a-1.5.0-pwr_on_test-full_PREALPHA with FW Upgrade option.
FYI, that change has been included in the autobuild since April, so you might want to use that instead.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #41 on: 08 / August / 2020, 15:43:56 »
@reyalp Thank you! I'll search for it and change to that version.

Offline Pedro

« Reply #42 on: 20 / October / 2020, 10:58:08 »
Hey, tiny question... I´m new to CHDK (like... started today), but I do have quite a lot of knowledge on using computers and cameras, and I have an sx420is. I tried the prealpha firmware you uploaded in April, but I don´t really know how to use the autobuild you added after danio confirmed it worked. I opened the link but didn´t really understand how to include those files

Offline reyalp

« Reply #43 on: 20 / October / 2020, 13:13:52 »
Hey, tiny question... I´m new to CHDK (like... started today), but I do have quite a lot of knowledge on using computers and cameras, and I have an sx420is. I tried the prealpha firmware you uploaded in April, but I don´t really know how to use the autobuild you added after danio confirmed it worked. I opened the link but didn´t really understand how to include those files
In fact, that was my mistake. When I posted that I thought the SX420 was enabled in the autobuild (http://mighty-hoernsche.de/trunk/ - creates a new build for every change) but it isn't. Sorry for the confusion.

Attached is a current build.

If you want to test any of the things listed on https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/Testing and report back, that would be appreciated.

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
« Reply #44 on: 22 / October / 2020, 12:43:26 »
 :) left key...
Code: [Select]
platform/sx420/platform_camera
    #define CAM_ALT_BUTTON_NAMES                { "Playback", "Video", "Wifi" }
    #define CAM_ALT_BUTTON_OPTIONS              { KEY_PLAYBACK, KEY_VIDEO, KEY_WIFI }

platform/g16
    #define CAM_ADJUSTABLE_ALT_BUTTON           1
    #define CAM_ALT_BUTTON_NAMES                {  "Video",   "Playback",   "Shortcut", "Wifi" }
    #define CAM_ALT_BUTTON_OPTIONS              {  KEY_VIDEO, KEY_PLAYBACK, KEY_PRINT, KEY_WIFI }

All lifetime is a loan from eternity.

Offline Pedro

« Reply #45 on: 23 / October / 2020, 08:10:28 »
I was going to tell you to add the possibility of using the wifi button to enable the alt menu. Haven´t used the camera yet, will try to do as soon as possible

Offline Pedro

« Reply #46 on: 23 / October / 2020, 08:30:56 »
:) left key...
Code: [Select]
platform/sx420/platform_camera
    #define CAM_ALT_BUTTON_NAMES                { "Playback", "Video", "Wifi" }
    #define CAM_ALT_BUTTON_OPTIONS              { KEY_PLAYBACK, KEY_VIDEO, KEY_WIFI }

platform/g16
    #define CAM_ADJUSTABLE_ALT_BUTTON           1
    #define CAM_ALT_BUTTON_NAMES                {  "Video",   "Playback",   "Shortcut", "Wifi" }
    #define CAM_ALT_BUTTON_OPTIONS              {  KEY_VIDEO, KEY_PLAYBACK, KEY_PRINT, KEY_WIFI }

Tiny question... where would that file be?

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
« Reply #47 on: 23 / October / 2020, 12:00:05 »
There´s a long way  :(
https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12752.0
At the end (Compiled fast & confused soon...) You have a home-built without updated PS.FI2 for FW-Update.
Then You have 'two' different Alt buttons depending on boot method, but "wifi" is not recognized after WFU  :blink: , so no enter-alt ...
All lifetime is a loan from eternity.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #48 on: 23 / October / 2020, 14:27:28 »
Given the limited regular buttons on this cam, it might be better to map the Wifi and/or AUTO buttons to some of the things normally assigned to erase or disp.

Offline Pedro

« Reply #49 on: 27 / October / 2020, 09:36:12 »
I was trying the override subject distance, since it doesn´t come with user manual focus, but to say the truth I don´t really know how to use this function. Anyways, after setting the value to infinity or any other, and enabling overrides, when I went back and tried to take a picture it would shut down when focusing with lens extended. Not sure why, hope it helps