SX110IS - howto start porting - page 50 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

SX110IS - howto start porting

• 573 Replies
Re: SX110IS - howto start porting
« Reply #490 on: 22 / July / 2009, 08:15:50 »
Advertisements
Dear all,

got an issue with the bracketing functionality with RAW enabled. For whatever reasons, the first shot is taken, dark screen, saving, review, the second shot is taken, but then the cam just turns off. I am using the selftimer variant to take 3 shots with Tv bracketing.

anybody to reproduce that?

kind regards Florian

Offline chdkj

« Reply #491 on: 22 / July / 2009, 15:09:15 »
Hmm, color matrix for SX110 from dcraw is too bad?
Unfortunately, yes, it is.
User VIT40 has done a lot of investigations and he got a better color profile. He told me some days ago that an even better profile (and color matrix) is on the way.
sx110

Offline chdkj

« Reply #492 on: 22 / July / 2009, 15:18:18 »
got an issue with the bracketing functionality with RAW enabled. For whatever reasons, the first shot is taken, dark screen, saving, review, the second shot is taken, but then the cam just turns off. I am using the selftimer variant to take 3 shots with Tv bracketing.

anybody to reproduce that?
No, I can't.
Did a few tests with tv bracketing and raw, 3 shots, 1/3 ev +/-. Everything works as expected (means: without problems). Could you describe your configuration in more detail, please?
sx110

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #493 on: 23 / July / 2009, 02:28:09 »
Maybe "Add raw-suffix" in the "Bracketing in continuous mode" is enabled ?
DryOS based cams could have problems with long filenames...Mantis #279 and forum link, also Mantis #86.

« Reply #494 on: 23 / July / 2009, 13:54:44 »
I've on/off bug again-again. Now it came after shooting raw to "\dcim\100canon" (not the same directory with jpegs). The card was cleared a few weeks ago, so the new pics (jpegs) are now only in the dir named "132canon". There wasn't problems until I shot just jpeg (just only one time when it was after massive continuous shooting). The problem comes from the desription files in "\dcim\canonmsc" because after erasing "\dcim\100canon" with the raw file everything is ok. Maybe a Chdk function that checks these directories and/or files by starting camera. This bug comes most in play mode.

I had an another type of on/off error most by trying to start the cam in rec mode. I had this with empty or missing directories witch had desription files in "\dcim\canonmsc" - because the pictures was moved to my PC manually via a card reader.

I've a 4Gb AData Class6 SDHC card.
I've tried to turn on the camera many times without CHDK and had no errors this way. So It isn't a hardware problem.

Had anybody met this bug??? Only me???
« Last Edit: 23 / July / 2009, 13:57:35 by zodiac757 »

« Reply #495 on: 23 / July / 2009, 16:17:55 »
I've on/off bug again-again. Now it came after shooting raw to "\dcim\100canon" (not the same directory with jpegs). The card was cleared a few weeks ago, so the new pics (jpegs) are now only in the dir named "132canon". There wasn't problems until I shot just jpeg (just only one time when it was after massive continuous shooting). The problem comes from the desription files in "\dcim\canonmsc" because after erasing "\dcim\100canon" with the raw file everything is ok. Maybe a Chdk function that checks these directories and/or files by starting camera. This bug comes most in play mode.

I had an another type of on/off error most by trying to start the cam in rec mode. I had this with empty or missing directories witch had desription files in "\dcim\canonmsc" - because the pictures was moved to my PC manually via a card reader.

I've a 4Gb AData Class6 SDHC card.
I've tried to turn on the camera many times without CHDK and had no errors this way. So It isn't a hardware problem.

Had anybody met this bug??? Only me???

only you
Canon PowerShot SX110 IS
CHDK: at Autobuild now
Wiki: SX110IS

Offline chdkj

« Reply #496 on: 23 / July / 2009, 17:22:44 »
Maybe "Add raw-suffix" in the "Bracketing in continuous mode" is enabled ?
DryOS based cams could have problems with long filenames...Mantis #279 and forum link, also Mantis #86.
I did only a few test but option "raw suffix" in "Bracketing in continuous mode" was enabled and everything works as expected.
sx110

Offline chdkj

« Reply #497 on: 23 / July / 2009, 17:25:50 »
Sorry, Zodiac757, but it really seems that you are the only one who encountered that problem.
sx110

« Reply #498 on: 23 / July / 2009, 17:37:23 »
And when I choose the option to make raws to the same folder as jpegs, after a few shot Chdk creates a new directory in "\dcim". Like by month change (I use auto create a new folder every month's start).
Is it normally? Maybe my settings does the problems. I try to diasable the auto create directory functionin Canon's menu. Who uses this? I use it since I have my Sx110.

« Reply #499 on: 24 / July / 2009, 07:54:16 »
Maybe the auto create folder did it? No errors since yesterday but I've tried everything to get the bug.