the sx10 porting thread - page 16 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

the sx10 porting thread

• 613 Replies

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: the sx10 porting thread
« Reply #150 on: 24 / March / 2009, 08:18:25 »
Advertisements
Hello & welcome frd77 !

1) My SX10 is in 1.02B too (like JonathanF)
2) Is a downgrade possible ?

1) You can dump your fw with Cardtricks (use "NewDryOS" method)

* Use Cardtricks with an empty SD card (max. 2GB size !),
  select your card, press the NewDryOS button, read all the messages carefully & follow them.
* Lock the card (important !), insert it & start up the camera - you'll see NO activity,
  just wait 30 seconds, then remove the batteries & the card.
* Insert the card in your card reader, start Cardtricks again, select your card & press Strings.
* Now you should see some strings from the firmware; close the window, click Clean in Cardtricks,
  then store the cleaned dump on your hard disk.
* Zip this file and upload it somewhere, e.g. at a free file hoster like http://www.zshare.net,
  then post the link to this fw dump on this thread here in the forum:
  [DOWNLOAD LINKS] Firmware dumps available.

2) No, not possible - only official Canon fw updates could do this; a dump can't be used for flashing...
« Last Edit: 24 / March / 2009, 08:34:55 by fe50 »

Firmware 1.02B
« Reply #151 on: 24 / March / 2009, 17:45:48 »
I updated the wiki to show that 1.02B has the same content as 1.01B on page 3 of ver.req.

I do not have an sd card 2G or smaller.  I will try to find one in order to get a dump.

I did assembly program some 30 years ago (on mainframes).  If someone can point me to some learning resources for ASM, I could try to be of some help.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #152 on: 24 / March / 2009, 17:56:43 »
I do not have an sd card 2G or smaller.  I will try to find one in order to get a dump.
You can also use a 4GB card; you'll get a warning about the cluster size, but that's ok.

I did assembly program some 30 years ago (on mainframes).  If someone can point me to some learning resources for ASM, I could try to be of some help.

--> http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/For_Developers, "Developer Technical Documents" contains links for lots of ARM docs...

« Reply #153 on: 25 / March / 2009, 06:24:27 »
hi there,

first of all I would like to thank you CHDK developers for your great work!  :)

I've got a sx10 and it's the first time I use CHDK.

My problem is that the CHDK info on the OSD flickers on and off unpredictably:
- for example if I change my OSD layout settings the CHDK info vanishes suddenly but is shown again when I press a button
- or the main menu just disappears without pressing any button

I'm using the autobuild version from trunk 725.

Thx for any help.
roadside

« Reply #154 on: 25 / March / 2009, 06:55:59 »
Another first time CHDK user, I can confirm the same behaviour on SX10 (using the same autobuild version).

Thanks for the great work so far!

Offline Kalli

• A620, SX10 IS
« Reply #155 on: 25 / March / 2009, 13:15:15 »
Not just the CHDK menu and OSD but also the Canon OSD disappears. It returns after pressing one of the orientation buttons or using the jog dail. This bug appears since the 1st beta.

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #156 on: 25 / March / 2009, 13:24:26 »
This bug appears since the 1st beta.

This bug appears since first CHDK version for any camera.

Offline Kalli

• A620, SX10 IS
« Reply #157 on: 25 / March / 2009, 15:19:17 »
This bug appears since the 1st beta.

This bug appears since first CHDK version for any camera.
Well, I'm not talking about menu flickering but menu disappearing until a button is pressed. This happens very unconditionally. I never discovered this with my A620.

Regards Kalli
« Last Edit: 25 / March / 2009, 16:20:20 by Kalli »

« Reply #158 on: 25 / March / 2009, 15:48:59 »
Hi all, I just wanna post some posible modifications/adds, no idea if they'd actual possibilities for CHDK, but just try (one of them I think has been spoken in this thread before, but I didn't find any conclusion):

1. I suppose that it would be necessary to find a stable mod of CHDK for the available firmware 1.01A before starting porting process with other firmwares, don't it??

2. Is there any option to make through CHDK that the camera decrease the delay between continous shots? the 1.4 Fps at 10 Mpx is very low, and i don't think that this is a actual hardware limitation, any idea?

3. Would it be possible to generate with CHDK a full screen MF magnification, or 3x, instead the original 2x when MF is activated? This would help to find more acurately the right focus

Thanks all in advance, and congratulations to all CHDK developers!!

P.D. my firmware is 1.00C from first deliveries ;)
« Last Edit: 25 / March / 2009, 19:29:43 by the_enyel »

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #159 on: 25 / March / 2009, 17:13:34 »

Well, I'm not talking about menu flickering but menu disappearing until a button is pressed. This happens very unconditionally. I never discovered this with my A620.

This happens when Canon redraws the screen and CHDK menu (file browser, game etc) is active (camera firmware knows nothing about CHDK  :D). Sometimes it happens with my a710.

Well, here is test version for 1.01A (with src.)- http://ewavr.nm.ru/chdk/for_test/sx10.zip .
When camera is in record mode, CHDK in <alt> mode and no script is running, camera firmware cannot refresh the screen, but CHDK can.