SD1200 IS Porting Thread - page 9 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

SD1200 IS Porting Thread

• 312 Replies

Offline tillo

Re: SD1200 IS Porting Thread
« Reply #80 on: 27 / April / 2010, 19:08:04 »
Advertisements
according to "adding support for a new camera" to activate usb remote triggers (and raw files) there are two task changed in capt_seq.c those task are capt_seq_task() and exp_drv_task() I don't understand this tasks completely but I will look for something indicating the change to view mode or something about USB signal.

Offline tillo

« Reply #81 on: 01 / May / 2010, 22:32:38 »
In this much time I can't seem to find anything useful, I may have missed something or be looking in the wrong place so I'm getting back to reading some more documentation and other cameras threads too and see if I can find any info that can become in handy for us.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #82 on: 12 / May / 2010, 02:40:37 »
For diskboot startup, I suggest commenting out
"                BL      sub_FFC11B20\n"
in boot.c taskcreate_Startup_my()
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline tillo

« Reply #83 on: 12 / May / 2010, 17:45:42 »
I may try that since I haven't been able to do what I was trying to, anyway anything may be useful.

Offline tillo

« Reply #84 on: 12 / May / 2010, 17:52:36 »
I have a question for anyone who comes here, do you have any idea why when using the flash on chdk (usually scripts) the camera will freeze? i dont know why is my camera freezing anytime i use flash but if someone has any Idea can you let me know?

« Reply #85 on: 13 / May / 2010, 19:58:06 »
Most likely the value for the flash was not written properly.  I say that because things like manual focus and some of the other features cause the camera to crash and freeze up as well.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #86 on: 15 / May / 2010, 19:32:50 »
For diskboot startup, I suggest commenting out
"                BL      sub_FFC11B20\n"
in boot.c taskcreate_Startup_my()
Ooops, this is the wrong one. That would be for the play/rec power up handling.

For diskboot, it should be sub_FFC18B9C in task_Startup_my() that you want to comment out.

« Reply #87 on: 15 / May / 2010, 20:11:37 »
I tried commenting that line out and compiled. 
I have a 2gb SD card formatted with fat16.  When I put in the locked card with the diskboot file it just starts normally and displays card locked. 

Since starting normally using the PS.FI2 does not get around the SD write protect I suspect there are other things in the way including the write protect check and bypass

Offline reyalp

« Reply #88 on: 15 / May / 2010, 21:01:11 »
I tried commenting that line out and compiled. 
I have a 2gb SD card formatted with fat16.  When I put in the locked card with the diskboot file it just starts normally and displays card locked. 
I was told that the current version crashes. If you get a card locked instead with only this change, that means it's a step in the right direction. If you simply get "card locked" with any diskboot, it may not be loading at all (BOOTDISK string not in place, not encoded with dancing bits, or other problem)
Since starting normally using the PS.FI2 does not get around the SD write protect I suspect there are other things in the way including the write protect check and bypass
The write protect override is done in the keyboard task. See SD_READONLY_FLAG
You should be able to find this by comparing the values of physw_status with a locked and unlocked card.

« Reply #89 on: 17 / May / 2010, 15:36:41 »
As far as I know the diskboot.bin just has not worked so far and we primarily use it with the PS.fi2 boot method.

I didn't verify the SD_ReadOnly_flag but I did double check most of the other values including the USB back in this post http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,4324.msg48768.html#msg48768 but this stuff is still confusing to me so I haven't been able to make use of anything I found.

Is there anything we normally search for when it is an issue to do with the USB remote? 
The functions tillo pointed out
capt_seq.c those task are capt_seq_task() and exp_drv_task()  don't exist in the file and I presume its just slightly different since this chdk was based on that sd780 and sd990