PowerShot SX230 HS - Porting Thread - page 23 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

PowerShot SX230 HS - Porting Thread

• 706 Replies

Offline sylikc

• SX230HS 1.00c, SD750 1.02a ;)
Re: PowerShot SX230 HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #220 on: 18 / August / 2011, 13:49:49 »
Advertisements

So.. With the autoload I can make an autoload sd card? without partition? How can I make it?

Thanks! :)

Stupid question: Autoload is a program to configure my SD card? Or I have to configure my card with the chdk to make it autoloadable?

sebastc09: follow instructions from funnel
autoload instructions by funnel or the original thread http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6645.0

taliesin: there's a bug in the latest beta as well (beta4 i believe) not sure if it was reported previously...
when saving RAW files, when I save DNG I get a valid file, but when I save RAW without DNG (CRW) the file doesn't open in DPP or in UFRaw (both say something along the lines of an unsupported file)

/sylikc
props to TPC + PhyrePhox for SD750 work: IXUS75/SD750 1.01a | 1.00b | 1.02a Thread
props to quietschi for multipartition support + button fixes!
SD750 bracketing issues

« Reply #221 on: 18 / August / 2011, 15:27:40 »

So.. With the autoload I can make an autoload sd card? without partition? How can I make it?

Thanks! :)

Stupid question: Autoload is a program to configure my SD card? Or I have to configure my card with the chdk to make it autoloadable?

sebastc09: follow instructions from funnel
autoload instructions by funnel or the original thread http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6645.0

taliesin: there's a bug in the latest beta as well (beta4 i believe) not sure if it was reported previously...
when saving RAW files, when I save DNG I get a valid file, but when I save RAW without DNG (CRW) the file doesn't open in DPP or in UFRaw (both say something along the lines of an unsupported file)

/sylikc

I think this is more of a DPP UFRaw issue than a CHDK issue. I think that they are not compatable with the RAW format of Canons new CMOS sensors. But cold have a look to it after I get the current bug sorted.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #222 on: 18 / August / 2011, 23:31:57 »
This is not a bug. CHDK raw is just a dump of the sensor framebuffer. It either includes the whole frame buffer with valid data, or it doesn't. Given that DNG works, we know the frame buffer address and size are correct.

Any programs that wish to support CHDK raw need to be updated any time Canon changes the sensor layout. ufraw is based on dcraw, but may be a few releases behind.

Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #223 on: 20 / August / 2011, 15:46:44 »
Hello,

is it possible to ovveride the exposure (Tv) for more than 15 seconds?
or implement a Bulb Function?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #224 on: 20 / August / 2011, 16:11:01 »
Hello,

is it possible to ovveride the exposure (Tv) for more than 15 seconds?
or implement a Bulb Function?
Generally CHDK can override up to at least 64 seconds. If "extra long exposure" is implemented, up to ~2000 seconds may be possible.

There is no bulb function.

« Reply #225 on: 20 / August / 2011, 16:15:24 »
ok and it depends on the type or not?

64 sec . or more would be perfect
« Last Edit: 20 / August / 2011, 16:18:28 by georg2011 »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #226 on: 20 / August / 2011, 16:25:21 »
ok and it depends on the type or not?

64 sec . or more would be perfect
It depends on what has been implemented in that particular port. Looking at the code in chdkde, it appears that extra long (>64 sec) exposures are implemented.

« Reply #227 on: 20 / August / 2011, 16:33:56 »
hm ok and the chdk is already available for download?

because iam going to buy the SX230 right now and i would like to be sure ;)
« Last Edit: 20 / August / 2011, 16:36:46 by georg2011 »

Offline sylikc

• SX230HS 1.00c, SD750 1.02a ;)
« Reply #228 on: 22 / August / 2011, 20:17:44 »
This is not a bug. CHDK raw is just a dump of the sensor framebuffer. It either includes the whole frame buffer with valid data, or it doesn't. Given that DNG works, we know the frame buffer address and size are correct.

Any programs that wish to support CHDK raw need to be updated any time Canon changes the sensor layout. ufraw is based on dcraw, but may be a few releases behind.

Thanks reyalp.  In the past I used just the CRW raw dump because it's much faster shot-to-shot times, but I'll try opening the RAW files again later with other apps.  DNG is great, but it's just so slow to process and save on our puny slow cameras ;)
props to TPC + PhyrePhox for SD750 work: IXUS75/SD750 1.01a | 1.00b | 1.02a Thread
props to quietschi for multipartition support + button fixes!
SD750 bracketing issues

« Reply #229 on: 23 / August / 2011, 03:32:18 »
Hmm... looks like I just found another firmware version. When I do a ver.req on my (blue) sx230, I get:

GM1.01B(1.0.1.0)

So I suppose I've found version 1.01B.

And I had such high hopes for getting up and running quickly - just throwing CHDK on my spanking new camera and booting to FAT32 so I can run timelapse and upload endlessly via EyeFi.

But hey! Now we have another firmware dump! Here's the linky for my dump:
http://www.box.net/shared/en4vymkb1efue34o5iex

I suppose I could try to look into how to mod the existing port for a new firmware version <sigh> but I am not very skilled.

(feel lucky I was able to get a dump).

So am I supposed to edit the wiki now too and add my firmware link there?
A720 1.00c | D10 1.00b |SX220 1.01a | SX230 ? | SX30 1.00p CHDK ver. 1.1.0-r1727